Alhamdulillah, a new school year for MS.
- MS start with iqra reading. He seems to be reading more clearly now. I think Saturday school did help a bit although it's only 5 hours. But, as he need to do a bit of Arabic and etc, he become more confident as well. He also did a nice azan every time, alhamdulillah.
- MS did multiplication worksheet for maths. I gave him 2 worksheet which each contain 64 question each page. He manage to finish one page for one hour session. May be I hope too much for the first day to get a head back. 120 question in an hour? Hemm..may be too much. At first I'm not that happy, but than ask him to continue another sheet tomorrow. Maths is like 'sit up' in exercise, where you have to keep doing them again and again to reach the target. Quick and easy. It's good for brain and it's time for MS to learn doing that. So, it will be more and more worksheet and will also need to time him for each question he did, sometimes.
- On English he did his vocabulary workbook. I love this workbook so much. They easily separated the important bit of English children need to learn. I bought them from Middlesbrough library. There more I need to buy. At the moment, MS had 3 of them which is Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation. There more as non-fiction and fiction writing. Also there's separate workbook for maths for every title they need to learn such as algebra, measurement, space, angle and etc. Also it's follow National Curriculum which make my job easy rather than make the curriculum my own. I can just base on the book which cover what they need to know.
- Behave nicely as well, Help around and listen and can think what life is about.

No comments:
Post a Comment