ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Quick Report

I would said that kids were on half term holiday. It didn't meant to be, but as PS is on holiday and MS got friend over almost everyday, I had to call it holiday then.

By the way, kids had been on their work. Maths is as usual. English and other subject. Then Quran reading is also progress beautifully. Alhamdulillah....I would say that me being patient with them reading Iqra book from Malaysia is paid off. I am the one who is very fussy with the reading of the Quran. They will only moved a little at a time. Although I know it will take years, I just don't care. Now listening to MS since he start reading the Quran, I felt really satisfied. It's good...Alhamdulillah. He do of course need to be repair on his tajweed sometimes, but I could say he read nicely. Ad he also able to progress a bit more than just one line. Soon Insya Allah he should be able to move to new line, at least half a pages each time. PS is still struggling at some point. I did make her to finish his Iqra book. Although MS also didn't finish it, but he did read far more further than PS for Iqra. I need to pay attention to PS more than MS in Quran reading now.

S also had moved further and able to move her self on new line. She had more confident than before. The hardest part in teaching the quran is of course tajweed. Especially with the long and short pronunciation. I will make sure they correct before the moved and they able to read correctly with at least 70-80% proper tajweed before they can move to next line. It took ages, but Insya Allah seeing the progress and benefit of it, I just had to bear with it....

Islamic studies is here and there from our taaklim session. Time is getting longer now and after the wedding in the house, the routine house inspection, the guests in and out and the visiting, I felt like ill. But, my body seem to hold it now and again. I felt that I need to be ill in order to get proper rest, but my body is coping very well although my mind is sooooo tired. Kids homeschool is not much fun for me at the time as I felt sleepy most of the time. I know that I need proper rest, mean away from everything. But, I can't at the moment.

So I thought this week we will be off from homeschool and I can get my head and mind back on track. Sometimes we do need this! Although PS Alhamdulillah concentrate on her revision from time to time. I do feel syukur with her change from time to time. Although she do make some silly mistake along the way, but we have to let them make some silly mistake in order to learn. And in order to get a grip and know how to control themselves from mistake. I am also been grateful that I did control my kids from too much freedom. I dare to let it open up. Although I've seen like someone who quiet open, as we had TV, internet, x box, wii fit and etc at home, but I would say they are not like taken over by this. Or they might sit and play for hours in their free time, but they will leave and jump off it if I say so straight away. They never moan if I told them to. They didn't stick to it and ignore me, never at all. They learn that all of that got a boundary and limitation and along the way, all this gadget that they always have, teach how to use and how to control themselves from it. Everybody had desire and in teenage hormone, thing can get out of the hand at some point, but if they used to learn how to control themselves, than Insya Allah they will be able to.

Also exposing them in social environment too early is very dangerous. Doesn't matter how good we teach them and how strong we think they are, early expose especially in pre teenage can still go wrong. Especially with the girls. Girls has different up and down hormone than boys. Their feeling and emotion can be totally confuse. This is when we have to keep them and ensure things are under control. Or otherwise it's going to be a difficult task. I mean, I had been through once and now I got S. With MS things are different, because it's boys. Girls is totally different approach. With girls, to control too much can lead into difficulty, but to expose too much is very dangerous risk to be taken. Communication is very important at this time and to ensure that they know and understand we are in control is important and the reason is only deen. This is important. Alhamdulillah PS now is pretty much concentrate in her revision and exam. After her exam than I might get her expose a bit in term of voluntary work and etc. We had discuss about she not going to college and how she will start her alimah course after GCSE and also her A level either with Interhigh or other distance learning. She didn't understand before about college, she a bit confuse about why can't she go to college. But, after she see what college like and the surrounding of a college, which for me lots of student is from student who drop out or not able to get good GCSE doing whatever easy course college can delivered. The environment is not somewhat the place I want to put my daughter into. I don't mind my son, but I do not think we will wanted to anyway. PS than understand after seeing couple of thing herself and she decided it is not for her. I told her I don't mind if she want to do a bit extra courses on adult education, but not on day time class at college. She can either stick with Interhigh or other distance learning.

We also had talk about degree course. We talk about how it's not important in term of the purpose we live in this duniya. But important for her to understand and see the world in other aspect. That is my point of view. Something she will learn along the way of how to organise files, how to doing research although that's what she learning and doing now. So, we talk about the possibility of doing it from Open University. She had too much interest in Art and Design. I had found one online learning for it which she can learn it online and it's also got grant available. So we will look into it now. She of course had natural gift towards working with children and education. She not keen to take the course before but after she started doing basic childcare with Interhigh, she had develop interest to further the course. So we will look into Education , childcare and all sort of this area from Open Uni. She also had interest with Psychology. But, of course hub will quiet disagree with it. He always think psychology is wasting time to learn. It's didn't give much benefit especially for deen. And looking and knowing couple of psychologist personally I can relate to how the more you learn, the more you not able to control yourself although you can control and solve others problem, and help others, but not your own. But, we didn't have further chat yet about it. We will be after her GCSE. I don't mind much as we do know the direction after. Which is alimaah course and A level after her GCSE. Further than that, I don't mind much as it will take her 6 years to finish her alimaah.

I am now had to sit down with MS and start to sketch his....!

No comments: