ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Sunday, 19 October 2008

Feeling the pressure

Tomorrow we are on schedule to start our homeschool for new year and new term. I try to arrange everything but still plenty more to do. Apart from in and out the house, we also keep receiving guest now and again and plenty more on the list, Insya Allah.

I try to do what I can in between not well to cope and feeling fresh. I believe, to be able to homeschool four children in which are all need to be in serious learning, the key for success and stress free is organise...organise and organise. Although it's will always something in between and things not going well as it should, we still be able to take control on it rather than lost. I'm always believe planning, scheduling and organising is the part that take so much time rather than teaching and learning it self. Learning don't have to be too much or too long or constantly nagging on learning, learning and learning. But strategy to meet the target that we set, to know where we are and where we should be is the important learning process that I want my children to learn. As long as we set the target, it will be the start to kick off our motivation on learning and it will than will work it self to reach the target we want.

As my children are growing and changing from day to day and months to months, I believe it's now a crucial time for me to teach them some of the most important subject they need before they reach the out side world. To improve communication, team work, differentiate, research, handling pressure and all aspect of different skill needed. All this will be deliver in the learning process which will and have to take time during their learning. If before, I got them to do lots of worksheet and work book to get them practise and strengthen their basic skills of English, Maths, Science especially, this new term will be more challenging for me and fun for them as I need to start to give them more challenging course work, explore more and get them to be more independent in their learning process.

By only writing this, I can start feel more pressure in my head! The pressure start to fill up since a week a go. It's not a bad pressure, but it's a challenging pressure, it's something that we all looking forward to and just thinking about how much I need to do is enough to make me feel...oooo..I'm going crazy..! But, as I love challenge and hectic life..here we go....

Our new school year will begin tomorrow and hopefully we will be able to teach and learn from each other more and more as the day past by...

No comments: