ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Plenty to share

I had plenty to share, but time is so constraint at the moment. I had to be better organise which I am currently working on at the moment. Handling homeschool, business and house. Plus trying to attend some talk here and there, trying to entertain others, which in other word, fulfil the right and obligation towards others. I guess, I can do better by improving how I organise things.

Homeschool I guess is an easy things and can always run smooth when I know what kids should be doing on the day.

Roughly at the moment:


  • PS is working hard on revision for her exam. I had rapidly see change in her self. See how she trying to change her learning style, her focus on exam and etc. Honestly , no more nagging about exam on her!!!!! Instead, I felt she sometimes focus too much on her exam and revision that I told her to take a break. I wanted to write the post on it's own about this, also about some learning style I had read in article and how PS had talk about her experience as well on it. 
  • The other is getting on with their learning as normal. I just need to get them on the routine and from my experience with PS exam, I leave 'other' learning as on it's own. I mean, I am started to focus more into workbook and worksheet. As this is at the end the target for them, the exam. I guess, it's easy of we can just graded them for their learning. So it can be any kind of learning style for them as mostly we parents who decided what to give and to sort out the paperwork and etc. But, if in some country such as UK, if we want to further kids into further education that need GCSE, mean your kids had to go through an exam and will be graded by others. So, the learning style and the what they learn, had to be according to which board going to grade them. Otherwise the learning will not achieve the target. Not sure if this make sense, but I will write more in it's own post when I can find a time. 
  • We had going for some educational visit yesterday. Only to one place but we manage at least to have some day out, although without hub. It's rarely we got to do this, because of my busyness plus PS online school. Now she got no class on Monday, so I took the opportunity to go for a day out. We went to Blue Reef Aquarium and of course going to place like this is a leaning for me, not for them! They walk around and started to explain to me like a tourist guide, or like a teacher with me only school kids!!! From every detail of the sea creature will be explain by MS, PS, even S and AS! 
  • I had trying hard to organise my kitchen, do lots of prep work for cooking such as freeze blended onion, garlic, ginger. Make lots of frozen chicken ball and prepare for next day cooking or cooking the night before. I want the house to be nice and tidy and in order. It's wasn't much at the moment and it's easy to slip out or it. I hate it...So, I had to work harder on it. I wanted also to be able to start some classes back again. Actually I want to get back on my online arabic class and also other islamic studies class plus getting back to continue my open uni courses I left years back. Oh, not forgetting we had family project for me to actually kick off. 
Too many to share.....

No comments: