ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Monday, 20 October 2008

First day of our home school ;AS

We had done a simple and not much as we sit together probably half and hour and he did most of the work on his own.
This is what AS did today:
  • Doing addition on a more matured worksheet. Why did I said more matured? Because usually we did used his workbook which of course contains lots of interesting picture. But, as trying to introduce him with a bit of serious learning as he enter Year 1, I printed him a worksheet. He did said that he a bit confuse but get on with it at the end. As soon as I gave him the worksheet, he said to me, " I need a cube." It was nice knowing that he know what tools he did to use. As the worksheet got 64 question, he manage to do half of them and we will continue more tomorrow. At first, as I gave him the paper, he start off and put the answer next to the first number on the top. All his answer is correct apart from where he put them. When I told him..than it's a bit of a grin.." Ahhh..". But he manage to correct his mistake.
  • Than he did a worksheet of counting number forward and backward. I give him a bit of a help and he got through it by him self and understand the concept. He will do more of this kind of worksheet for him to practise the counting.

  • Than we did a bit of Literacy which is introducing vowel. He can recognise which is vowel and underline correctly. But, while I'm rushing to the kitchen he colour the flower without reading the instruction. He should colour only vowel but opposite of that he colour the whole flower! But, I told him to leave it.
  • Than we did another worksheet about missing vowel and of course he did them all correctly without any help from others. Alhamdulillah. That's AS first day on our new year of homeschooling.

No comments: