Alhamdulillah today we manage to warm up our new term. I had some nervous in my mind thinking of how kids going to reach to have to start early bird as we used to when we first start homeschool. Alhamdulillah the reaction was excellent.
Our schedule suppose to be like this:
8 am: Waking Up, brush teeth, sorting out themselves
8.30 am: Exercise
8.50 am Tidy up around
9.15 am : Breakfast
9.45 am: Quran reading and tasbihah
10.30 am: First lesson
11.30 am : Second lesson
12.30 pm: Dhuha and Zohr Prayer
1.30 pm: Lunch
I will make a link for our schedule and the comparison can be made during my day to day post.
As it was warming up time, I just left the schedule for today as until zohr for study time.
This is how the ACTUAL is :
7.30am: I wake them up. As I know it will take sometimes and I wasn't sure about the reaction. So better to try early than my schedule to see how they react. Alhamdulillah they react brilliantly. With a bit of 'uh..and ahh..' only.. So I fell great. The worst part is over. I realise that kids are listening to me and better than ever now..as they grow up.
8.00 am: Sorting out themselves and have breakfast. We skip exercise for today , may be the whole week, see how it goes as I wasn't ready with any plan at the moment for that.
8.30: They start tidy up around, hovering and etc. I wasn't expect that as I think that my schedule might a bit tight. But, kids seem to work brilliantly especially after my burn incident as whatever I ask, they don't waste much time although still i had to remind them but not as much as before every time.
9.15: They all ready to study but than I just realise that our quran session start at 9.45 am. So I let them chilled out!
9.45: They start reading quran until 10.30. I skip tasbihah at the moment.
10.30 am: They all start on their study: MATHS
AS working with me on new topic for him: WEIGHT. We talk about weight. I read a book about measurement on weight topic. We than start the worksheet which asking him to read the scale on the worksheet in kg and gm. Than we write a poster about what is weight, and what is the measurement used for weight. It might seem that he is behind as we just started this topic from basic as I was busy with him on strengthen him on addition and subtraction. I had one worksheet meant for him for homework, but I though he might be too early to be given homework task as he will have heavy workload on the day time. I will see how things goes. so I decided for him to just do the homework at that time. The worksheet ask him to find any packet in the kitchen and write down the item and the weight on the packet. He finish all his work on time within one hour. We also watch BBC school about reading scale before he start the worksheet and he seem to understand quick.
S was on her last lesson for mindpsrinting. I did skip lots of lesson of mindsprinting for her as she was quicker than MS in learning. Therefore she don't need much of it and can just do some revision of times table on homework time I had design. She got 2 pages of times table and 3 other pages on her new topic of Factor. She need tiny help on factor, but than get on her own pretty much. S, like PS do have some extra brain in understanding complicated things like Maths make job easy for me since they small. Unfortunately, she just struggle with time. She cannot finish all that 5 worksheet with quiet a lots of the activity which understandable in one hour. She take almost two and half hours for that. I skip her other lesson time as I didn't prepare anything yet. And as we warming up, this will train her to keeping up with doing the job in time given. she will gradually learn but it might takes some days.
MS was on his Conquer Maths. He start with RATIO topic for year 9 and he seems a bit struggle. I was struggle as well as my brain wasn't working fully yet at the time! He manage to finish them and also another two lesson. He than continue with topic under RATES with two lesson. He might need to do some extra work on ratio as the lesson was too short in my point of view. So I will looking on him to do homework for the topic soon. He was also struggle as I also forgot to print him the worksheet, which he take sometimes to print it out as he was using the lap top which not been set out for printer. He took almost two hours to finish that three topic I plan for one hour time frame. But, never mind as I didn't have any other plan ready yet for other lesson and as we warming up, I don't expect much but I know gradually as they getting used to it, they will moving faster and Insya Allah will manage work within one hour time frame.
After zohr we went out for library and some shopping. After hub came back from work, he bring us for dinner as we just receive great news before. Also for me as PS had now moved to scholars class which show her determination and hard work on her school. Alhamdulillah. Insya Allah tomorrow will be much better. It was't fully follow the schedule, but the start is better than I expected. So I was happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment