I was still on planning and scheduling..and yes, like I mention many times, I don't like planning. I know that it's good in many ways, but once I start to make plan and schedule, I will slowly moved on until everything finish.
I was so fussy when I want to do something in order. Therefore I had moved very slowly as I had 3 kids to work on with many subjects and different level for each. And on each subject I got topic and sub topic. I guess the hardest one I am doing now is Maths for AS. Well, it suppose to go nice and easy as he is the youngest, but as he is moving up from year 3 to year 4 and he need to strengthen hardly his Maths now to cover many topic, I got plenty to sort out. Before I just concentrate him on Addition and Subtraction, number value and Place order until he master in it. I don't even moved him into multiplication and division yet, although he do know basic of times table.
Like I said, once I start to do the planning, I will be very fussy and will not just grasp workbook or any worksheet to fit in the plan and schedule. I will have to go through every worksheet, teaching ideas, teaching method and not like when I am not planning I can just sit and get on with it and it's done.
I have to fill in my schedule calender just like I did when they first start homeschool back in 2008. Fill in each day Monday to Friday for at least three months and the calender will have each for Maths, English, Science and mix for Geography, History, IT, Citizenship and individual again for Islamic Studies.
Dear me....!!! Honestly I am dreading myself as I had to moved very slowly, I cannot push myself quickly and this is what a battle in myself. I got my organiser notebook for each child with the same copy of what I write in column in calender. Also I got to sort out the worksheet or workbook in order for each day up until three month for each subject, and for three kids. Seems like I am still long way to go. But, I am determine as I got three of them now is on important level that they have to start working harder and harder.
When I am doing this as well, I will get workbook, revision book, reference book and teaching book all around me. Plus all sort of pen, pencil, eraser, highlighter, paper clip, staple, punch pocket and folder all around me! I am not doing science yet where I will get all sort of experiment gadget I bought from car boot sale all around me..LOL...I am such a crazy mad woman!
Therefore at the moment kids are enjoying their time off still. The did some work, but I am not bother much now and just need to spend my time and energy on the planning and scheduling. Once this done, than things will be much more easy and we can just get on with it. As winter approach soon, I will spend more time at home as usual, where at this time we usually getting serious with our formal homeschool and no more messing around. Insya Allah...

No comments:
Post a Comment