This morning I was a bit tired. Possibly as I had wake up for sehri, tahajud and fajr. Than go back to sleep as it was still early. Because if I don't, than I will be waking up the whole day till 11pm. I do prefer to make sure me myself got some good rest or it will effect my role as a mother. Sometimes things are small and easy but we might make it big because we didn't have enough sleep and rest. Especially when age is not staying at the same point! Plus when you also had husband who had past number 40! Things can get really different.
I wake up a bit late than yesterday, past 7am. Prepare hub pack lunch and thinking to go back to sleep. But than I was holding with tidying and think that I just better stay awake. I was thinking to wake kids up at 8.30am, as yesterday we do had some extra time in the morning before our initial time to start study. I am quiet glad as I wasn't actually gave them the schedule yet and just printed out for myself. Also I didn't finish doing planning yet. This has actually gave me flexibility and to try and error to see how things goes.
I wake them up at around 8.30am this morning. Get MS and AS to take shower. PS preparing herself and than start quran reading as she start her school at 9.30 am, while our schedule for Quran reading start at 9.45 am. So she had breakfast and than start Quran reading. Unbelievable, she had rice with lamb I cook in the night before and thicken it this morning during sehri for her breakfast, than on her break during 10.30, than she also had it again during lunch at 2 pm! yesterday when I took out two bag of lamb which I pack in freezer bag, I thought it might be too much, but we should be able to have it for at least one and half day. But, I think look at it now, it might just last for today only. Plus I got another grown up boy as well. S also eat a lots now like adult portion!
While MS and As taking turn in shower and have breakfast, S had breakfast first after she done with tidy up bed and PS is reading Quran, I start to tidy up around. For quiet sometimes, I didn't do much cleaning and kids only did everything. Also our dishwasher had broken down. Hub said he going to get me another one We bought it cheap, from factory defect shop. Nothing should be wrong because the defect is only on the body scratch. Hub said it's better to get another one from same place, as it wasn't cost actually much and may be more to repair. So, we do have some washing to do. I said to kids, I will do it while using PVC glove as I want them to get on with their schedule. They all now their role and know how to work things aroudn the house. I thought while they will be full train and concentrate on their study work, I will have to do more. It is my job , my role and my responsibility anyway. It was good at some point that they do everything, but as a mum it's still my responsibility and I don't want kids to feel that I was abusing them in some way. Because at the end of the day, kids cannot take much as we adult of course.
We still not fully on our schedule. Alhamdulillah they manage to do two subject today which I had set out English on the spot. Thanks to Ed helper.
AS Math: still on measurement. He just got easy worksheet today fill in the weight from the label. I print the worksheet from Primary Resource. We than watch BBC learning zone about grams and kilograms.
As English : He did worksheet from Ed helper on choose the correct spelling. He got four worksheet on that and than he did comprehension also from Ed helper.
S Maths : Working on mindsprinting. She is on Divisibility Test topic today. Like usual, she get on with new topic with little bit guide and help.
S English: I got her worksheet from Ed helper as well. She did some spelling worksheet and also comprehension.
MS Math: MS suppose to do interest, discount and problems. He need to used calculator for that and didn't manage to find the scientific calculator. Therefore he just finish Division on fraction topic that I left without noticing that he didn't finish that topic in the plan. So he did two lesson for that.
MS English: He did some spelling worksheet and also writing , also from Ed helper worksheet.
I was in need of proper pack to teach them literature and writing. The best I had seen is from Catherine Mooney Tutoring. She also now got a pack for as small as 8 years old as well. It was very interesting for three of them, but money was very tight at the moment as I decided to slow down on my business and concentrate on kids. Still I was looking if I can squeeze it somewhere for MS first.
They know that we suppose to do four subject a day which Maths, English, another subject and also Islamic Studies. But, as I was a bit tired and had done fully tidy up around and kitchen, I fall as sleep after zohr. I decided to call it off and finish just two subject including their Quran reading. Possibly tomorrow we been able to pull up another one.
So we are slowly moving but encourage, I would say. Better slow, istiqamah than nothing. It is for me, important thing is istiqamah. I am still getting my head around with planning. Hopefully I will be manage by next week or a week after as I still going to have my niece with her whole family coming on Friday till Sunday. So, can't do everything at the same time. But, one thing for me at this time is to keep our schedule in the morning as istiqamah as I can for the long term.

No comments:
Post a Comment