ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Thursday, 20 October 2011

Holiday?

I am so desperate for a holiday. So I can seat down and sorting out the study plan. I just hate it when I had to keep doing it half way and stop in between. It's ok once I start, but once it's gone, it's hard to come back again. I will have many tabs open in google chrome and lots of workbook around me, plus printing paper here and there. I don't like doing this in day time as I cannot concentrate if kids disturb me plus many other task in between. Weekend is unlikely easy as well. I had been doing this on and off, and I hate the situation so much and really need for a break which I had schedule a week after next week. I was thinking should I give the holiday same as school next week?

I had follow the holiday from PS Online School, First college. We than decide that she finish last week, therefore she can have three weeks off before she set on Inter High from 7 November 2011. Therefore I was thinking of some activities outside while PS also off next week with some local activities. But, I had set up schedule until end of next week, but only for AS at the moment. I will have to see if I can squeeze the work still next week while we go somewhere around. We don't plan to go anywhere far, just to see local activities that offer.

AS on Maths - Had done with temperature topic, after quiet a lots of worksheet and many days on it. Than he was on money problem for couple of days and today he start on Shapes. This worksheet is from Mindsprinting.    

AS on English - He's on CGP key stage one Advance workbook. Today he learn about writing story and also comprehension. it was easy for him this book, but I just want to go through it to finish it all and there are some of the things that help him to improve his English. Some of the day he do mindsprinting, some of the day he do spelling and some of the day he do writing stories in his blog.

As on Science - He still on science CGP workbook Key stage one. Tomorrow he should finish with it. Insya Allah. We been doing 6 pages a day this week as I didn't sort out the other subject yet.

 I am going to order Key stage 2 Geography for him from CGP. Which come with 2 set.

Islamic studies is with revision about Kalimah tayibbah, Kalimatus Shahadah and and Kalimahtut Tamjeed or the third Kalimah. He already know all this. Today and yesterday he did this with the others. Also we start memorise first hadith from Deeniyat I print before. It was easy. So we just sit in the circle and kids say it one by one from right to left. Than we go though Asmaul Husna for first lesson and sunnah of eating. They learn sunnah of eating but this things we will go through again and again. We had been Alhamdulillah doing more in practical than in theory. PS was asking about using dining table. I was than explain that nothing harm od using dining table, but in every sunnah there are rewards and benefit. Eating is for as long as we live and if we sit on the chair, we will miss lots of rewards in following what out beloved Prophet saw had been doing. We say that we love him, yet we don't want to follow his way. When we sit and eat on the floor, we be able to put dasktahan and sit either folded one leg or both leg. That is two sunnah that we will miss if we sit on the chair with dining table. May he we can lay dasktahan on the table, but still the I believe that there are significant and benefit in sitting down the way had been shown by our beloved Prophet saw. Also others sunnah which is also a manner table such as start eating with the food that is nearest to you. So you do not have to stretch your hand far away. All of this was told in the hadith. It's all simple Islamic studies we been learning that kids do hear this now and again , but I believe it is important to go through this again and again.

Quran learning as usual. Kids moving every other day. Little but with good pronunciation. Alhamdulillah.

Doing schedule and plan homeschool, do need planned and proper time off. As it can be very tight. Alhamdulillah it was somewhat need for my kids after a year without proper schedule and planning. When they getting older, planning and scheduling is very important to me. Although time frame can be vary because the work for smaller kids can be easy and harder and taking more times for older kids. But, I think small kids especially under 7 no need to be too rigid with scheduling and planning. But, routine is what important in term of sleeping time, eating time, cleaning and tidying around. They need routine time, but not rigid and schedule learning time as I think it will restrict their childhood and stress us out. But, once they reach 7, than slowly we need to introduce planning and scheduling. To instil responsibilities in them. When they reach 11, I think planning is indeed need to be force into , to enable them to start taste into real world that more challenge than before.

No comments: