We are on homeschool holiday at the moment. First week nearly gone now. As my husband was away with jamaat in Holland, kids also got daughters friend sleep over here for a week. It's two of them and they had been a great company to PS.
I had a great rest and morning sleep as well. Lots of rest and away from homeschool routine. We still did our quran reading and ta'alim reading which we read fazail amal books and sahih bukhary adab al mufrad. As usual, these two is a read aloud session. For others who did ta'alim session at home will know how this is beneficial. Ta'alim session is a family halaqah which been done at home among family members everyday at the same place in the house and at the same time everyday. If we had guest, we will invite guest to sit together with us but man and woman will be in separate room them for non mahram.
Usually we rotate the reader among family members. It can be hubby, me or any of the kids to read it. Apart from it become a read aloud session, it also become a reading session for kids. But, the only book that we used is Fazail Amal and adab al mufrad. Both already got commentary and the benefit of amal and also adab al mufrat contain islamic manner we should learn and practice. This need to be done at the same place where we choose our lounge as the place we did our daily ta'alim. Also we did at the same time which is after magrib. But as the day keep getting longer. We probably will have to move it after asr for later time. Usually after praying maghrib, we will all sit next to each other and listen to the hadith. This is also the time where hubby or me will talk about deen with kids heart to heart and explain what need to in different different topic each day but usually it will stay in area about imaan and amal. About how we need to strive and steadfast in our religion, Allah and Rasul. Also kids will talk about their motivation to keep up with their amal after listening to the benefit of doing it from Fazail Amal. It's a routine which we all love and it's something that we need to keep each day as we need a family time to sit and talk about deen as a family.
I'm also started to browse resource of our homeschool. And I stumble into this site which I love it so much for islamic studies. I just can't believe how there are something there that I need and make my live easy. I don't have time to actually sit and arrange and planning my own curriculum and what next and next. As kids getting bigger by the day, I'm rushing up to fill them and spend time with them in teaching and not planning and researching and arranging area in each subject. I had used some of the book of the book before which I bought from Dewsbury. i find it very interesting and great in teaching islamic studies, but don't know that it's got a whole syllabus and curriculum. So, I had spend time since yesterday to print and make it into the book my self and ready to use. Some of the will be use straight away after our holiday and some will be use later, alhamdulillah. I'm so happy as the site is what I need.
A gift for the daughter of the ummah download book is so awesome as it teach girl what they need to know from the basic and from islamic point of view. I can't wait to start it with PS. Masya Allah..I really appreciate what these people had done. And of course as they are an expert in the area, the had made research and know what they doing. Their syllabus I find, excellent. So, looks like, islamic studies sort out for all the kids in term of resource. We now just need to get on with it as we got so much to do and look forward to. I'm also thinking to get AS more seriously into homeschooling in term of memorization of surah and dua. This is the time for him and I had to work hard with others as their brain now is tougher then before. I know that I will facing hardship after this as I'm now going to start regime homeschool on islamic studies area. Although we had quran reading, any islamic studies subject a day which can be fikh, tauhid, arabic/tajweed and seerah, I will then arrange more time for kids to spend in islamic studies and more memorization time now. As they seems stable with their Maths and other academic subject, now we just need to maintain their position and improving further and learning new things is not a big deal anymore.
I know that i will hear the whinge from kids, but I'm also confident that they do understand fully that this is the only time for them to gain what ever they need to. I'm not being regime as to make them brilliant or cleaver academically or even to reach higher level in their islamic knowledge. But, to learn the essential islam and to bring into practice will need hardship. And we will go through this together. I think this two weeks break will indeed freshen us and once we get back on our homeschool routine, Insya Allah we ready to concentrate.
This break also give me time to sit, relax, ponder, think and tidy up, spring cleaning and whatever it needs. It's not just freshen my mind, but also the house and surrounding area. Also kids get to have freedom time and lots of play and running around especially with PS that had friends over. Every time she had friends over or she been to someone house which in secondary school, she found out that she had learn lots or more then them and it's surprise her how homeschool had gain her more knowledge in theory and practically. Alhamdulillah, we all need a break we will be ready to start on our regime homeschool after a week time.

No comments:
Post a Comment