ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Back in to the classroom


I'm not sure when this picture taken as I just found this when I'm uploading the picture from the camera. I bet one of the kids did this from the maths cube and take a picture.

Alhamdulillah, at last we manage to get back into our classroom. All praise to Allah as we able to find the house with the big study room apart from two reception which one we made into men lounge or praying area and another one as family room.

We also had three big fitted cupboard in the library which one for hubby stuff, one for homeschool resource and one for my homeschool and personal stuff.


Also this room got fitted shelf above the cupboard to fit our book and also we had another two book shelf of ours. It's actually not enough to fit everything in and I had to stop buying books and may be might had to send some books back to Malaysia now for other to benefit from it.

This time, I made one table for my self as I find it hard to sit only on computer table. On the left is my table which I got printer on the left and my stuff such as stapler, hole punch, scissor, pens marker and etc. All my stationary which I need next to me and also I just bought the stack on organiser which cost £1 from boot sale for me to organise kids mindsprinting worksheet and my other printed article. So, I know where they are and they also in order in which I need to check and need to file in the folder. It's very important to organise as I got four and they getting bigger which means their learning getting broader. Not just academic but as islamic studies getting bigger picture as well, I just had to catch and get organise before I fall onto the worksheet and pile of books!

S and AS sit on the lower table on the left. This is to make sure easy for me to sit on their side whenever they need me. Not always the case, alhamdulillah. They can work independently but only when we got new topic and area to learn then I will need to be beside them for quiet sometimes. For example, today S had to learn about circle graph which she also need to convert numbers to percentage and then to the angle. I had to spend quiet sometimes with her on the topic. Sit on lower table make us more comfortable, alhamdulillah.



The two table on the left belong to PS and MS. They both can work independently most of the time or if they need me, only for a short time on their side. PS used to work up stairs in her room as she got her own study table, but I think working in our classroom give more motivation for us. She had brought down all her stuff and it's still in the box next to her table. The book shelf contains story book and information books.




Picture on the left is our fitted cupboard and on the bottom shelf is kids workbook and study book. It's all tight up actually. I'm now looking forward to finish all the workbook before next September. All the other upper shelf is hubby stuff.
As I had trow away our old computer table, and didn't find a new one yet, i decided to used another lower table that we got.
But, the table are too small and I had to squeeze two desk top in one table at the moment. I still waiting for it to show up in car boot sale! I bought the table for £4 and another one for £2.50, so don't bother to get a new plus they are only can be found in Ikea. I got both of the colourful drawer in the picture also for £10 in car boot sale. At the moment, they fill in with scrap paper and art and craft stuff.
This is another fitted bookshelf which got islamic studies workbook and resource for kids and also file and folder of each subject and planning folder. Also some book of children development, curriculum and homeschool planning and my other stuff.
When hubby bought the white board years back and told me that he want to used it to teach kids, he made me laugh and angry. Especially we live in small three terrace house with lots of people around. The big white board make me sick! But, now alhamdulillah it's very useful for us.

This is my area where usually it will be hubby area when he back from work. Then I then sit on the cushion and used the desk top. Like last night, I manage to do lots of things and me and him stuck in the study room until 10pm. But, at last I got to sort out lots of kids work before I go to bed as our classroom now function back again!
It's also just easy to manage and organise as kids put everything back in order such as their workbook and worksheet after we finish class. Also they can left their table tidy with their folder for me to check and their stationary for the next day. Also everybody know where thing are and know where to put things back.
Alhamdulillah, although still I got plenty things to organise in our classroom. Also I will be so busy lately as I try to finish some of kids topic before summer middle of June. We will start on our hands on study and will be revise on what we been doing. Which for me means, project. I'm already collect plenty of resource and study tools from car boot sale now waiting to use. But, as project means, exciting things and had to make sure our project will cover kids different level. My kids will wanted to do the same thing and i'm now planning on our hands on study relate to what we been learning before and now which is sort of headache. But, I wanted this to happen in summer, out and about and where we can do our experiment in the back garden and surroundign area which this cannot be done during winter in cold weather.
Now as I'm more organise, looks like this homeschool blog will keep filling in with report!








No comments: