ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Saturday, 28 March 2009

Miss calculation

I had miss calculate the public school and Easter break. And as the reason why I need to have our homeschool break same as public school, we then had to go back to our homeschool routine next week. I thought I'm gonna feel miserable as I'm already put away everything from where we study, but as when I realise y mistake I just wake up from late afternoon nap, I feel motivated! Hemmm...

As hubby also not at home this weekend, I take this opportunity to had plenty rest and printing everything needed for the whole of next week. As hubby will had a day off on Monday, he will had laptop to himself and we also need to catch up with shopping of halal meat in New castle. I'm also looking forward to actually do another a week of homeschool as I am in the middle of enjoying the learning that we had.

MS and PS is on the way into learning basic knowledge of one by one country in Asia. Before we learn about Continent, mapping, globe, why geography important, landforms and lots about geography and now as we go deeper in each continent and by country as well. We now start with Asia. We had cover Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and will do Vietnam and China before we had school break. All this be cover from basic country geography, history and culture. At least kids will get some knowledge when others talk about it or they meet someone from each particular country. They at least can imagine what the country looks like, where the country are, the basic weather there, economy and culture. This to ensure better understanding towards others as well.

All the information I got from ed helper which also then cover History subject as well for each particular country. We then got map and flag from enchanted learning. S also start to cover topic as map, why geography important, basic continent and ocean, Malaysia as our home country, also about world community and places such as what is town, village, city and etc. US curriculum on this given deep knowledge that for particular child level.

AS homeschool getting a bit slow down as he had catch a lots for his level. I just started to do multiplication with him now and also problem solving which had put interest on him as it's new topic. As he learn things quickly, he become bored with the same thing all the time. He also started to do Maths with two digit add two digit as one digit will be bored for him. I will also start subtraction with two digit after homeschool break with him. his reading of course is something no need to be worries. Staff in the library had impress how he know so much for his age and they help him to get more comic book of sponge bob. He also know which book need to choose to ensure he can finish them. Science also we had cover topic such as growing plant, alive or not, basic five sense and material such as metal, wood, glass and plastic. Alhamdulillah he get in with all this as easy as A,B,C. We had finish first level of iqra foundation workbook before. I'm now going to get the second one and hopefully can start doing it with him after homeschool break. His English writing, comprehension, grammar and vocabulary had improve a lots from his writing story and communication. He also learn how to used dictionary. He can now be independent when ever he's doing comprehension.

S had doing lots of revision on addition, subtraction and also started doing lots of multiplication as well. She was so happy with it as she think it's easy. She also start doing revision on problem solving for her level. I will hopefully will start cover division with her later on before summer. I wanted her to grasp a lots with addition, subtraction and multiplication first. Then others will be easy. Although she master in addition and subtraction, still lots of exercise will sharpen her mind and brain in answering it. S also start to cover five sense from ed helper more deeper for her level. We start with ear, eyes, skin, tongue and nose. All this cover deeply for her level together with it's anatomy, just like what I learn when i was in school. Although they so lucky as I had to draw the anatomy before ourselves. But, I can just printed the picture and get her to label it from enchanted learning. We will then in summer, doing revision with fun lapbooking and mapping our learning.

S and MS also had go through islamic studies together in better way now. before I will sit with them and read to them and they will then go through the workbook. Now, i get them to take turn to read and discuss together to promote team learning and communication in learning and discussing. They now can work together nicely with slightly argument. they had cover half of Iqra foundation book. S also on second book of ad duha. She should be finish her level in two months time and will go to MS level by summer.

MS had been doing geography about asian country together with PS. They had team together and just know how to work together nicely. They also happy to work in the team on some topic like that and always looking forward to it. Alhamdulillah. He also cover lots of his science which he actually understand for the whole primary school UK curriculum. He cover all sort of topic with CGP science workbook such as material, gas, liquid, electricity and I'm also get him to cover five sense for his particular level from ed helper together with picture anatomy for the topic. We will then go through what we learn now on summer time practically. MS as S also had cover some topic on Seerah. S had cover one by one basic story of Prophet from Taraweeh book I bought for her. MS also now on topic of Story of the Prophet also from iqra foundation. He also moving every time with his ad duha. Now will start memorizing words in arabic with meaning in English that he need to memorize.

PS had cover a lots on geography same as others. She also did cover some History from UK curriculum although I'm not really put pressure on it as it's not really important. I'm looking forward to order 1001 invention and start learning with kids about invention by muslim around the world. She still with mindsprinting worksheet on her maths. She don't do homeschool all this week for the first time since we been homeschool together as she was sick. She didn't do much on science and now I'm looking forward to get lots of material for her. English is good with ed helper. Plenty of story writing, comprehension, grammar, spelling and vocabulary. She also continue her study a lots on seerah on topic Khalifah Ar Rashidun. Also she working hard on her ad duha now concentrate on all sort of mad for tajweed. Also she trying to finish her iqra foundation book which cover fikh. During summer, we looking forward to work on Design and Technology, I.T and lots of experiments. She also getting her hand on arts now and bought herself complete art set with her own money. Overall she happy with lots of learning done together with MS. I'm looking forward for her to do lots of hands on work including cooking and organise the whole house also gardening.

Overall, our homeschool had come as big satisfaction to me. The progress been made in these short time is incredible and I'm looking forward to continue and progress in the next future. For me, our homeschool had lighten up brightly day by day and I can't wait to see more progress by next year.

We also happy although now we keep our self to our self more. I think as that reason as well, we had achieve what we had in short time. Getting off from Saturday school had bring big achievement in our homeschool and progress our learning. As one day had taken lots of our time in a way. I'm looking forward like I said, in the next couple of months. With Allah will, Insya allah may we be given a strength to continue our homeschool and be bless with lots of learning and knowledge.

No comments: