AS also start early this morning, alhamdualillah.
Monday
Quran reading: Iqra system.
Islamic studies: We are muslim workbook from Iqra International Education foundation. As his reading a had improve rapidly, it's good to see he can now start to learn on his own with little help from me in islamic workbook. Which in a way improve his islamic term for his vocabulary, alhamdulillah. We now half way through he book. Had learn about Tauhid and Five pillars of islam. Now on ramadhan topic. Should be able to finish by next months and looking forward to go on the next book which I'm yet looking for it.
Maths: On mindsprinting worksheet. 'show more ones and more tens'.
English: On mindsprinting worksheet and start to draw and write using ed helper worksheet. On his last sponge bob comic which he borrow 4 in the library last week. I try to test him and open the page and get him to read. Hemm..what a shocking as he read through one by one. He's now reading comic! It's unbelievable. He's really reading everything. he just loves reading and know that he can get lots of info by reading. He had moved forward too much on reading. I had to say, I'm really behind in how much words he can now read. Sometimes he ask by librarian, can you read that book? Because all the book he borrow now probably for age 7 or 8. May be nine. he read everything. Almost everything. And I had tears every time I heard him read. I rarely read to him. Rarely means may be once a months. Probably not going to read to him anymore. Because than he will improve his reading by read it himself. He is a reader and love reading. And know the outcome of reading which is knowledge. Seems like he never turn back ever again. Seems like where my son who fed up and frustrated when he can't read or struggle to write something. I had to tell him off as not to finish his workbook in one go. Please.....get off the table and play somewhere! Product of homeschool.
Tuesday:
Iqra reading: Done already prior to this post.
Islamic studies: Did lots and lots of pages today most of it on his own. He not just understand about being a muslim, responsibility and the commandment of Allah, but also know how to translate them into writing. Again on 'we are muslims' book.
Maths: On mindsprinting worksheet. Still on 'show more ones and tens'.
English: Mindsprinting.
Science: About fish activities book from ed helper.
Again for AS, a successful days of homeschool and Insya Allah for today and rest of the week. Really enjoy it.

2 comments:
So, I'm laughing about AS now, maashAllah! That is brilliant! But do still read to him sometimes, reading aloud can give a chance to discuss together on topics you might not usually talk about.
Salam ummrashid. That's right.
I do laugh about him as well. It just unbelievable things! He just looks so grown up for some reason. I do miss the little him though!
It's like there all now independent, and need me less now!
Post a Comment