After a week of holiday as we celebrate eid, this week we back with our homeschool routine. Monday, we went to Museum and Winter Garden in Sunderland. It was nice day out and it's just for us to refresh our self back into learning after busy week on eid, alhamdulillah.
Yesterday, alhamdulillah we back to our routine slowly but sure. Children been sleeping in family room. May be because the room is in the middle between lounge and kitchen, it just so cosy. Rather than children room up stair which is at the corner or the house. Especially PS room got two big window. Which I was thinking to put blind to help keep the room warm, but never did. As last week eid gathering in my house, I had clear my lounge and bring my arabian style sofa in the family room as well. As that, I never bring it back in front. If we about to sit in the lounge for homeschool, the plain light pink carpet in the lounge is so easy to get dirty. At the end, it left mess in the lounge and family room as family room always been used for eating and chill out. So, I decided to keep the sofa at the moment in the family room as for my comfy sitting and hubby whenever he come back from work. So, this room now become sleeping room for children, classroom for our homeschool and dining room as always! Hemm..we have big study room and children have their own bedroom, but in this winter time, we just have to squeeze in one cosy room only. Plus, I don't have to light the fire and waste money on firelighter, charcoal and stick anymore for the fire in the lounge whenever it's too cold. As we set our central heating on timer, I don't think I can afford to run it all day long. It's already run for good 9 hours everyday!
So family room now become everything! Yesterday morning, the first thing is to tidy up all the duvet and pillow of course. Have breakfast and PS and MS start doing their chores; tidy up family room, clean bathroom and toilet, laundry and wash up whatever left over from breakfast in the kitchen. While I 'setting up' our classroom in family room. Bring all the books, plastic drawer which contain my paperwork, children worksheet and art and craft paper and stuff. Also dictionary and some of resource tools such as cube and coins. Also set up our lower table for studying.
We start with quran reading, than arabic book. After that we do our minds printing worksheet which I'm already prepare a week a go. As we have to stop for zhor and asr prayer and lunch, I don't give other workbook rather than their mind printing worksheet accept PS. She did her geography and history from her workbook. AS did lapbook of pirate as he like anything with pirate feature. We not actually learning about pirate, but, the lap book is more about words, spelling and draw map. I was inspired with labbook from Always learning resource. S also start doing lapbook about Egypt and MS doing lapbook about dinosaur as he always love dinosaur.
We had to stop around although we not finish our lapbook yet. MS as always taking too long on his Maths worksheet whenever he left them for couple of days. He just someone who need constant exercise. For the first time, children join the club in the library. Well, it's their first activity apart from Saturday school since we homeschool. I'm always wanted to get children to join some activities such as swimming, karate and etc, but with financial constrain plus where we live is not much going on, we had to hold it on at the moment. Hopefully they can start swimming and karate lesson for MS and AS next year which will be hold at the town next to us. I had to see the schedule and plan it first as it will take my time to have to bring them and pick them up.
As the first day back to our homeschool, I did feel satisfied. Children already know their responsibility and what to do and to get ready themselves whenever I ask them to. I just let them know what time we gonna start and remind their chores. And alhamdulillah it seems easy and smoothly back to normal.
It's always nice when children know what the plan is, and know their responsibility and chores. Also PS can help to instruct and watch and reminds her siblings in their responsibility. For me, it's a big release to see how the children had grow up and know their responsibilities and what to do. It's really taken half of my job away and I hope and pray that they continue to do so in their future life.
I will post the work we been doing sometimes before and yesterday soon, Insya Allah.

No comments:
Post a Comment