Lap booking day. May be that's the right words for us today. We happen to be doing lap book the whole day today. No mindsprinting at all as we had one hour without power which I thought gonna be more longer. Time past by, leaving me busy doing lap booking with them until hubby nearly come home.
PS started doing her lap book about Islam in Egypt. She was asking to do that as S was doing lap book about Egypt. Bu, S was only doing it with the fact of whatever they learn in primary curriculum. I told PS, she already done her primary in school and learn everything about it, but she said she didn't learn much.
I said to her, "Well, you don't learn much in school with UK curriculum in History and Geography".
Unfortunately UK curriculum in school was too little and the time that was spent on it was too long in order to gain small knowledge. And I believe that's what happened to us today! Lap booking had taken so much time and I ended up not having more time on others especially to check children work and print another lesson out as hubby used the laptop last night. I wasn't bother of course to get my self in to study room for our desk top.
MS still on his dinosaur lap book and finish it today. AS was on lap book about house which I think nice and good information for him, but again taking too long of my time as I have to stop for pray, cook, eat and help S and MS as well to get on and help PS to find some info.
At the end of the day, I was tired out and ready to lay down after hubby went back from work and eat. That's our day today which I find not so satisfied from my view. We learn too little and make too much mess at the end. We did quran reading as usual and ad duha arabic, alhamdulillah. Apart from that I may have to leave the lapbooking for may be once or twice a months. It's a great way of learning of course. But, with three grow up children which need to have more serious learning to boost their brain, and with me single handed to cope with everybody, I out my hands up and think that we will do it once in a while. Not all the time. I just don't have time to be patient and help nearly 3/4 of AH lap booking and help for S lap booking and get more info for MS lap booking get tired at the end and manage to do only one subject with them for the whole day.
Or may be next time I have to be more efficient in organising everything whenever we happen to call it lap booking week! I'm tired out and still don't have time to up load picture just yet!

2 comments:
Salaam, I do see your problem! It can get a bit chaotic. Maybe in your case it would be easier to use lapbooks as independent projects for the older ones. For example at handsofachild.com you can get quarterly free lapbooks. At the moment the free one is on ecosystems, it is supposed to be suitable for KS3. If you download it and print it out it is a complete kit, with full instructions. This may be easier to manage, and can make an occasional bit of variety.
A...jazakaAllah huhairan ummrashid.
It is very chaotic for me. It's nice to see the colouful art, but oh dear...the time and the mess just get in to me!
Post a Comment