ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Thursday, 8 December 2011

Wasn't much

We had just started back on homeschool in the midst of my busy-ness. After a tiring week last week with guest and weather started to get cold, it rather slow down progress.

Monday was quiet busy. Suddenly i had couple of things to get done outside. PS also follow as she got one class only which is Spanish that start at 2.15 pm. So we don't actually do any school that day.

Tuesday also I had to go out. But kids manage to do some school work. We only been out for a quick one. MS now on Ed helper worksheet for Algebra. AS is now had started on Multiplication worksheet with mindsprinting. S is still on Division. On English they had done variety of workbook on Spelling and non fiction. AS had done test from Advance Key stage 1 CGP. We had writing test to get done to finish off the book. Than we will continue on other CGP English workbook.

They never did any other subject except quran reading and Islamic studies with hub. Hub testing them on supplication in prayer. He started to get involved more in taaklim time which expended the area of teaching and learning.

Hopefully net week will get to do some more work. I know we sort of winding down with Christmas holiday coming. Not that we celebrate Christmas. But because PS on holiday from school. MS will attend Scholar's scribe courses for two weeks in Dewsbury. Hub will Insya Allah go in jamaat. Therefore it will be sometimes off for me and two girls and AS. I will need to pay some attention to AS in some way and PS as well. I think I had put lots of energy and concentration for MS.

Well, I just trying to figure out if MS actually had learning difficulties. Online test show that he might fit the symptom. It's hard for me to digest as it not easy to determine either he is actually just slow, just under average or he did actually had learning difficulty. As I notice since he small, probably since he's 2-3 years old. But, hub always think I am just over react. But, in this four years, me and him had come along way in our teaching and learning. He had build his confident but he admit, it is hard for him to digest new thing, but certain things. He also very creative. He can figure things out that I others might not. He actually fit some symptom of dyslexia. He got prolong jaundice when we was small. Long story. All my kids except S got jaundice. Me and my sibling we all got jaundice. So, not to much worry. But, my brother after me, pass away in 7 days.

Ms got prolong jaundice which last around 3 weeks. He was very quiet and sleepy almost all the time. AS got prolong jaundice as well. But he was feeding a lots and active. Not MS. I been push to the hospital by family friends while she was on her shift. It was my 14 days. And MS blood level is just on the edge to get admitted. Our family friends Dr S was just finish her shift, therefore she cannot make decision. If she can, she will make the baby stay, mean I had to as well. I was very fussy during after birth period. My great grandmother also was very sick and stay together at my mum's with my grandmother and me and my two kids was also there. I been look after well after birth mean I don't do anything except getting change, change the baby and feed the baby day and night for 40 days. Everything been done by my mum and grandmother. We had many family friends who is doctors who some to visit as my great grandmother been drip at home. She was paralyse for only one month at the time. So MS got many visitors as well with many advice. We take alternative treatment since his 2nd day.

I think it might had some effect. But, in some point I think it might not. Hub also struggle in some way in learning. Especially reading. He cannot read quran smooth still as when we first get married. I had to always repair his reading. It's not that he did not know how to read, it's just he will have some difficulty in between the line. Same as when he read. He always had something he miss in between the line. Not that he try to read quick. But like he didn't see them properly? It was hard for me to understand at first. Hard for me to grasp. Because he is one of the best student in his school. Although his school achievement level might be lower than mine, as mine in town and his is in village. But, looking back now, I do think he did fit some of the point of having some difficulty of learning although he success in getting Master Degree in Engineering. I still had to always help in to double check his assignment, his report and etc. Not that I am good in writing. But, I can do better in checking others than doing mine properly. Because I am always lazy to double check mine!

But, both MS and hub are very good in problem solving with creativity. Although I will faster than hub in calculation although he took higher tier and pure maths in his study. I can do arithmetic probably 10 times quicker than him. I love brain training, so do PS. But not hub and MS! So that tell something. AS also quick and fast. Which make me always wonder about MS. I mean, AS grasp teaching very quickly than MS. He can explain things MS clearly cannot get , even a simplest things ever!

I am trying to see if I need to get MS for a proper test with GP. But, I read that there are no blood test or similar to determine. Hub might think I am silly! But, I think it's just help me to ease my mind and help me to actually figure out why me and him struggling from time to time at some point.

No comments: