Another day Alhamdulillah. As I was busy last week, I determine that i need to stay home today to concentrate on kids homeschoo. Yesterday I had a good sleep sometimes after Magrib. I was quiet tired as I was starting with my business order. Hub and kids went to masjeed to meet local jamaat at South Sheild. I was thinking to cook something after my nap, but than PS knock on the lounge door, as I was having a nap in the lounge and ask me if I am awake. She said hub had call her and told her that he buying dinner.
I know that he was expecting me to be tired. But, I know that I don't want to ask him as he was going to South Sheild and to get to the chicken shop will took him another half and hour to Newcastle although he will take another route back home which will take another half an hour as well. But, he did. Alhamdulillah, it was a very good sleep as I was on my own. Oh yes, I do need sometimes alone. I think woman should have sometimes alone sometimes. This is when going a nisab or in tablighi jamaat, man are encourage to go and spend time for at least three days every months. It's a time that I think both husband and wife needed. For the husband to go and spend time in amal in the masjeed and at the same time to pull some weight on their responsibility towards community. Unfortunately our husband is not belong to us only. They will also be ask about their responsibility towards community. And this time of 3 days a months is good for us to spend time alone and reflect on our own and having our own time. Also this time will help us to be independent. One of the important part especially for woman who are always depends on husband. It can be a very good learning curve as relying too much on husband is not really good for our iman. We believe in Allah, but the feeling of lost without him is not actually a good sign of iman. Because our husband is only a mean and Allah can do anything without mean. We should not rely on our husband and according to research this three day a part every months help each husband and wife to understand more about each other roles. Not that wife only had to think about their husband or husband only had think about their wife. But, giving each of them to think about each other role more.
When I was still in limbo to wake up, hub and kids arrived. Hub came to me and with soft touch as usual, ask me to come and eat. Alhamdulillah for the food and blessing that Allah send. After a good nap and full, I start to clear up the kitchen. I know kids are tired as well as they also help me around with my business yesterday. It didn't took me long , just to clear some washing up and wipe around quickly. Than I went upstairs to sort out some clothes to fold and some little ironing of hub clothes.
Today, we don't start too early. Round about 10.30 when kids done their breakfast. I was busy as well sending email to Interhigh, talked to my sister on the phone, put laundry and hover around before kids came down. After breakfast they than start their homeschool.
MS Maths: Algebra. He did 2 set today without watching Conquer maths video but I was teaching him using hub method. Which has help him from stress out and also he manage to get over 90-95 % with one or two wrong answer which is good. I was now thinking of stopping him for Conquer Maths for a while and just concentrate on Algebra exercise only for the time being until he master. He was asking me to do that before, but I was ignoring him. The good things about MS is he notice his needs. So do in other subject even in Quran reading. He the one will usually told me either he can move to the next topic or page or not yet. I guess this is because I had teach him before to do things to the best ability we can with his multiplication and division years back.
With English today he did some work on non fiction writing. He still need to be teach slowly with reading and writing. I do not want to believe this, but I do felt since he small that he born with some sort of disability in that. he also function slow than the other. He cannot remember things easily at some point. But, good in drawing and creative. Some sort of condition that I had read before but hub did not believe me when I told him what I felt, so I'm always try not to believe it. Or it's simply nothing. But, my motherly feeling know that it's something slightly not as normal and he always need help and guidance. Hard to explain. But, I had read in one other mother blog that seems like MS is in the same situation with. But, this mother had now ask for help. I just think that he need help more than the other, nothing wrong with him. He just had to work harder than the other. The one that he lack since small is reading which in many ways effect his writing. It was a struggle to get him with reading and writing unlike the other three. Therefore , teaching writing story with him will demand lots of patient and back to basic. Sometimes I felt lost!
S is fine. Still with mindsprinting division. Her English is good. She on variety of workbook and building her writing skill in English. Today S and MS done Science with their CGP workbook 1 with topic about Cell. I still wasn't satisfied with the science lesson plan and think more need to be done.
AS Maths is on tally chart today. Like PS and S, AS also for me is normal kids who learn quickly and and remember things quickly as well. Which is why make me think of not so normal MS. But, probably because the other three is actually might be above normal slightly which make me think that he is slightly below normal level. But, he can now understand and do Algebra for Key stage 4. He can learn new things, understand but need his own pace. Actually he learn more Maths than PS although PS will learn what MS learn in five months for 4 weeks.
Today As on mindsprinting. He was on CGP workbook before for the whole last week. He was a bit lazy today, therefore his writing is a bit worst. Than I had read the story of Abdul Mutallib and the year of Elephant to him. he know the story and also surah Al Fil. But, I want him to remember quiet in detail. Therefore it's important with read aloud. Asking question in between my reading to see his understanding in detail. I suppose to get him to do ICT but didn't as I want to go outside to clear the garden leaves.
I had bought leaves blower after more than three years now in this house. The leaves outside is horrible. I was kept asking hub before, but he think it's not important. Well, I felt embarrassed with our non muslim neighbour and it's part of dakwa to them to show that we look after the environment. But, I was so horrible with garden to be honest. I had bought one from Argos last week and MS had started to clear some in the front garden. I bought for £59. And found another similar with wheels in car boot sale for £20. I was thinking to send back the one I bought from Argos as we one used one and it was a bit hard without wheels. But, than MS think it's better. Therefore today he was using the one I bought from Argos in the front garden and I was using the one with the wheel as I cannot still rely on my right hand that got burn last time. Although I still had to use the hand for quiet a while and ouch..it's really hurt.
So, Alhamdulillah, Homeschooling done quiet well. They all did their Quran reading after Magrib and we did some verbal Islamic studies after Insya prayer and taaklim reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment