PS online school, First college got three different classes. First Class, Senior and Scholar.
Alhamdulillah after couple of months in First Class from September, she is now been moved to Senior. her work will be harder than before. For example, if she didn't finish her homework before, she need to go to homework calss the next day. Usually they been given their homework after they finish school at 2pm. They will receive their homework sometimes between 3pm to 7pm and they will had to finish and sent their homework before 12 midnight every day. They usually got at least 2 homework, one for each subject on that day.
Now as she will be moved to Senior, she will have only one hours to do her homework for each subject except English will have 45 minutes for each paper and she got two paper for English. So, it will start to be more pressure for student and they will have to cope with it. English will also have 500 for word count instead of 250 when she was in First Class. Senior also cannot be in Homework class, mean they had to send their homework on time, unless there is emergency. They also had to make sure they show their effort on their work and not given other reason or other things been a hurdle for them to do their work.
I am very happy when I read what senior class looks like. Senior is for student from age 13-16 who are than ready to do exam. I wasn't talk with her school or seriously with PS yet, about her exam and things that related to it, but I will need to sit down and looks through the plan and what PS plan and think about it. I can see she's no been able to work harder and concentrate and seems ready to go under stress and exam pressure. Amazing to see how a person grow up, changing mind and the way of thinking every single days and weeks! Of course there are always obstacle with teenager like I mention in other post, but patient, observance and do not over harsh nor underestimate and the most important is to let go of your control slow, calm but at the same time, still keeping the control intact. As a mother we are our teenage kids friends. We cannot be their bestest friend because otherwise they will start take control, but their friends and at the same time have control and authority. It's amazing to actually see your worried about how your teenager will turn out, but day by day your worried been kept away, alhamdulillah...Nice to see all the hard work all this year since they first born, seems paid off.
Of course to be cautious, I need to always remind myself it's still long way to go...
To think back, it wasn't all easy. I got people look at me with all sort of different way of thinking. People think I wasn't love my kids when they small and my kids will hate me because I let them sleep on their own since they are eight months old and in their own bedroom since they three years old. I got people cannot believe me when I had telly at home, kids can go on the internet freely, but they never know that everything in my house is under limitation, boundaries, teaching and learning. Way before I am taking kids formal education in my own hand, before I start to homeschool all of them, I am already take their informal education since they birth.
I had fully control of my kids, I am a mother, a parents, not their friends when they small. They been brought up in the environment that parents are in control, but they can always ask and say their opinion freely. They watch telly, they go on internet, but they are around me. I know when they distress or need help. But, they never distress or need help. They always been teach to open up since they small. They been teach to ask anything. I am a big freak controlling mum, but kids never scare at me, they respect me and will always know when I am stress, under pressure and be there for me instead of me being there for them most of the time. I had to say, I was close wth my kids in different way. I show my love to by hugging them all the time, giving them attention without limit, but by spending time with them on several occasion, give them space they needed most of the time but within the limitation.
What I meant by that? By buying things like paper, pen, colour, painting and toys, and let them make whatever mess they want in their room, while I do my work such as cooking, tidying or even sleeping! I am always had time off to myself which I think every mum needed. When kids are small, we had hard work of washing, tidying and the work become harder when I was also a fulltime working mother. But, I do not give them unneccessary attention, than when I am tired, I shout at them and they sit there and confuse. I never give them choise. Never ever give your kids since they birth up till 6 years old, a choice when they eat, sleep, having shower, changing clothes. Never let them choose, Because they cannot. Doens't matter how cleaver they are, doesn't matter how cleaver they talk and behave! Do not give them to choose their routine. Because they cannot choose, they need to learn your routine until they reach the time they can choose and their brain are mature to choose and make judgement! This will happen after 7 years old, but with little little choise given.
This is when it was harder when they small. Because taking control over the whole household can be very tiring. Especially if you had husband like mine, who is really spoiled! Which mean I am also take control over shopping, bils and most of the things of what happen inside and outside the house. But, when your kids are getting bigger and when they reach the time they able to make decision, (of course small decision), they will take and choose decision that we will choose! They will take control, the same as we will. Subhana Allah.
I can say, at PS age, she is better than me in term of way of thinking, and what in her mind. She might not be as matured as me in certain area like cooking, but she can take control straight away in any condition she been throw into. Subhana Allah. He will not let me down in any of her own behaviour. Of course she do make mistake from time to time, but small small mistakes that we will find from a so called teenager, but a minimum mistake which is cannot actually can called mistake in some way. But, still she will wear things I ask her to wear with big heart and mind. She wasn't oppose to what I said much. She might get grumpy and moody before she got her period, that that just it, which we could expect from anybody, not just teenager.
So, I could say, I was quiet proud with my daughter from time to time. Not just in some event or some point. She with her own character, with my type of control and most importantly, behave far better in what I used to...She was soft teenager so to say although she will reason with me with lots of things and whatever I said, but she will ignore her mind and get on with me. But, this got to be done in some way as well. For example, sometimes I want her to do something, it seems she not much mind and heart for it, but at other time, I will go to her bedroom, lay on her bed, chatting, laughing and enjoying her and S like we are friends. In the conversation, I will than bring up topic needed to advise in a way a friends advising another friends. Reason with them the way easy for them to reach you and understand it. It always the best moment for me which I do this, now and again. But, not too much and not all the time. Because at the end, if it too much it can become a lecture and boring. I lecture them at some point, when they make mistake and reason with me too much. But I gave them advise at other time. When they relaxing and start with chatting and laughing. This is the time where all your advise will go straight into their head. We do not want to lecture them little and none of them getting into their head.
I can't imagine how in next couple of years, she will be living me and start her own family life. I believe and confident she will give the best in her future as I gave her. Insya Allah.

No comments:
Post a Comment