Another day of homeschooling, alhamdulillah....
PS was on her second day of Senior Class. She said it's OK. Like usual, she will be making fuss of things like she cannot even make it or go through it, but when she actually doing it and getting on with it, she will always make it! Oh...should I say silly girl?! That is her. Many of people in her class will be doing their GCSE on November. She said , she didn't feel she's ready for it yet. Nevertheless, her age suppose doing GCSE when they are 16. Another year. But, looks like plenty public school now start making their student doing their GCSE since they are 14 years old. I don't know why. But, one thing that I didn't feel satisfied, is over here you can do GCSE and choose the level according to your ability.
As for me and I knwo for PS as well, we want our target to be the highest level. We will not take GCSE only because we just go through it or because others are doing it now, we we will be. If she did not feel ready, than we see how we can plan it. But, of course she won't feel ready if she not been push as well, as she's exam freak. She had sort of nervous thinking about exam. Because she can't help herself if she cannot achieve highest target she want. But, she need to learn about fail, cannot be perfect and except the result but try her best. Well, the most ever best she can!
MS:
Today MS start doing his Conquer Maths again. Seems that he getting on with Conquer Maths quicker than before. MS got one problem of concentrating on what he was doing. He is much much quicker than before, but still not as much as I would like him to. This is why his best education system is homeschooling. This is why I was keep holding him from going to madrasah or not. Compare to AS which declare himself going to madrasah as soon as he finish primary school.
As he had finish his Decimal, percentage and fraction workbook, which is 2 of them, he will now concentrating on The whole topic of Key Stage three of Algebra. But, before he start the workbook of Algebra, I make him go through his Conquer Maths lesson and finish Key Stage Percentage, Fraction and Decimal topic.
At the moment I am writing this, he still on his Conquer Maths still we start our homeschool today. We start quiet late as usual actually which is after zohr. As when I came down, prepare little lunch for them, eat and than zohr time. They read quran and than we start our homeschool. They now had to stop for asr prayer and continue. I wasn't bother even if I had started late, because in winter time, kids don't play outside. We got plenty time to sit and working on our homeschool at anytime we want.
S:
S is going to finish her fraction workbook today. The whole book of fraction only. I will than moved her into Decimal and Percentage workbook similar as what MS was doing before. I might than after that get some more workbook of fraction, decimal and percentage to make sure she got enough exercise for the topic before I moved her to Algebra. She is now on her test paper for Fraction and after she finish that she will do her English, Science and Islamic Studies.
AS:
AS had finish all his acedemic work today also plus quran reading as we did quran first thing before we start all other subject. At the moment, he's on addition and subraction excersice. He is master in the topic of course but need to do more excersice of different way of addition and subtraction. It might be easy and a bit boring for him, but he just had to get on with it. Which by the way make him finish his work early than others as he getting on easy.
On English, he learn about Verbs since yesterday. Yesterday we talk about what is nouns and verbs. Today he learn mroe about verbs which is past tense, present tense and future tense. he seem sunderstand it easy and getting on with workbook all by himself. He is kind of a boy who pick things up very quickly, do work quickly, therefore finish all his work quickly. The hardest thing is to get him shoo away from the others who not finish their work yet. I can't give him more work, because he feel it's enough and it is more than enough of what he been doing.
So, that's our progress for yesterday and today. I will start to be busy from next week with my business, so hopefully kids will stay on their homeschool track Insya Allah.

No comments:
Post a Comment