ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Friday, 21 January 2011

AS and S learning

AS got not much worry from me except I need him to do more writing stories and familiar with all sort of writing. He did writing on his own count, from time to time. He make lefleart, map, stories and etc but informally Without me actually sit there with him. But, usually he made better writing without me, it's like if I am there with him, all his idea gone.

Today he finish the whole of his addition and substraction book. He learn some of difficulty topic of addition and substraction. I will need to get him another book for the topic, and also mindsprinting. Probably another 2 months, we will concentrate on this topic. Than we will concentrate times, measurement and graph. He already know all this and learn from time to time before, but I just want to make sure this been strengthen up before we moved deep into multiplication and division. I think we might take between 6 months - 1 year for multiplication and division take into account some unplanned journey and my busy time. So no stress on him and me.

From summer, I will set up some science project with him and also geography. I will get a new printer hopefully tomorrow, so we will get back on enchated learning and my other favourate website for science and geography. Probably a little history. Also IT.

In between now and again , we will do Bahasa Melayu as well. I will need a new Islamic Studies book for him, possibility Iqra book but the futher learning which MS and S using before. He should be able to, Insya Allah.

S is ok. Similar case like AS. I need to put her into some manual curriculum of distance learning for her English. She is very good in writing stories but need some proper checking up. I am so lazy and as it take lots of time to actually concentrate, I just cannot do that.

For Maths, she is on multiplication and division now. She finish one workbook for the particular topic only and I will get her another one. Also with mindprinting, it will be lots of exercise for her in multiplication and division. Probably I would say, I don't mind if she need to spend around 6 months , 5 days a week only for multiplication and division on her Maths. Than it's easy when we move on other topic. She can than be able to concentrate her Conquer Maths along with workboook on particular topic similar with what MS had been through. I reckon she should be able to moved forward and progress according to curriculum. I was planning to put her with First College, probably September 2012.

Also I need to get her some project and worksheet on science, georgraphy and some history. She do her Bahasa Melayu also from time to time. Her Islamic Studies is fine and also quran reading. Not much to worry about her, except need a bit more motivation and get teach her to set target and learn to organise and manage her work through project. She in need of learning how to do research and compile work from research. I will set up a project for her to do as a team with MS.

That's all for now.

No comments: