ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Friday bit

We manage to get on with homeschool today. I think we come to the point that it's actually take pretty much short time to actually finish important subject daily. Make me think what is the kids actually doing in school from 9am to 3pm? And if in Malaysia from 7.4 to 1pm. I am trying to get a bit of hard work for them, but still they manage..May be I need to get more work and harder than I thought.

And on top of that, I manage to get couple of other things done. Despite of usually it will be mad Friday with me going in and out sending boys to hubby for Friday prayer nearby where he work.

So, alhamdulilah, all kids manage to do Maths, English, Science, Geography, Islamic studies and Quran reading. I am trying hard to be a bit mroe organise in the future to come, so more things be able to do. Kids also enjoy playing in the garden as we now got 12ft trampoline. Weather is also lovely.

So, homeschool is one of the easy routine so to say, only to keep track in this blog is a bit difficult!

I am now working on year 2 with AS and hopefully in couple of weeks he should be able to finish work for key stage 1. So we can dio revision, and other learning and can moved to a deeper topic in eac important subject and probably moved to year 3 work on some of the topic he might be able to do. Other smoving along nicely. Actually when the time come, the kids getting mroe matured, the learning had become more easy to understand. This is when I think, tryiong hard to teach them and push them than normal kids did or average kids did is more damaging in the future. Kids need to be develop in other part of social and emotional rather than reading and counting. Reading and counting will come anyway in the future when the right time reach them. Forcing them or putting learning in place too early is actually taken the most precious gold from the chilhood time. Let your kids grow and develop without too much pressure and stress. Because when the time come, they cannot think as they used for us to put everything on the table and open their mouth and feed them.

Let them explore the world around them as a toodler and a child. We can never get back our childhood or change the past and it will stay with us forever.

No comments: