AS took three of camera we had, two digital camera of mine and one old camera that used Kodak which MS bought form car boot sale for 50p. It was Olympus though. He put all this three on the table and try to do comparison on his own by presentation. I see the opportunity for him to make a little project. I told him to get a piece of paper, divided into three and write down what he think about all this three in writing.
He than did that and write down his opinion and view about the three product and also stated which one he like the most and why.
I found out learning just happen every time, anywhere. It doesn't mean that learning mean sitting down, with workbook, worksheet or sort of formal and proper tool. May be I am still having this sort of type of education in my mind in a way. Although I know that I learn a lots from the surrounding and from no formal education and no teacher at all at some point of my time where I should be learning. There are at some point I see that formal education damage our kids brain. But, of course it's important in away which needed as well to teach them discipline and obey. This is what make China success and now ahead from most western country. It wasn't just because they had now moved forward in term of education and relationship with outside the country it self, but still stick into their discipline and obeyness which the key of success.
Brought up in western seems too much of human right and freedom which in some way had damage a person. Too much question ask also can be seen damage the credibility of a muslim. I can just go on and on..
As I ma back on the track on my business, I had been so busy and homeschool is like pinching here and there. Sometimes, I do feel that kids might be far behind or not learning at all, but is it?
Quran memorization had improved a lots. AS had 'accidentally' memorize tahiyat as well for prayer. How, just by listening other recite quietly while praying especially Hubby and MS.
Mindsprinting now needed to pay, which make me rather sad, but as they do love them, so had to give it a go of course. Still haven't got time to get MS for conquer maths but as we on fraction and decimal topic, I just print off free worksheet for him to get on with it. So, not a big deal.
Others had been on workbook on Maths and English. PS had been enjoying her card making class and had been learning a lots from it! She learn a new technique every time.
Weather getting lovely, so we had been in the garden frequently. I had bought a big trampoline which is as high as my chest! Friend of us had bought it from Woolworth when it's closing down before. They had used it once but not happy as their kids had been jumping dangerously. So, I bought it from them for £40 which is a good bargain, alhamdulillah. Looks like our garden will become a playground!
I am pushing PS hard to finish Key Stage Three Maths with conquer maths. It wasn't a big deal but dealing with teenager is not easy so to say. She had been having part of my genes and part of hubby genes. Unfortunately I think it was my good genes and some hubby bad genes. Well, he do have hubby good genes, but the bad one seems weight more. She love criticise on everything with her sibling, and she do have the attitude of selfish! Hah...drive me crazy because that's not how I been brought up! So, to teach the value of the good that she need and take off the bad that she don't' need wasn't easy. This is just the time to do that and it's like wrestling game!
However, I reckon it wasn't easy to brought them up in such a way that in western country with western value and at the same time parent stuck with the way of thinking and their own parenting skill they had and our up bringing in different country before. It was like stuck in the middle of nowhere. I cannot say that my kids are not western as they had been brought up, even two of them born here and PS and MS was only 3 and 2 when they come here, they only know and notice the way of living in here, UK. While hubby coming from the village background in Malaysia and I am from city in Malaysian, from different state which make us far distance than each other point of view. So, I am really trying to weight up all of it, what good of hubby upbringing, what good of mine upbringing and what good of western way of upbringing and compile it all together...Oh dear..wasn't easy. But I am trying hard, very hard.
Wasn't got much time to go with the detail. Time is really not allowed me to at the moment. But, our homeschool is going on. As weather getting nice, I am thinking of setting up some lesson plan for hubby for design and technology soon, probably starting May.

No comments:
Post a Comment