I had bought a new workbook for AS which is complication of Key stage 1 curriculum for English and Maths. It's only £1.99 from the work out let. And last night at around 8pm, he took the book and asking me if he can do some work. I am no bother at all while I was resting in front of the internet. He than keep going on and manage to do at least 10 page. When it's time for the kids to go up to their bedroom around 9.30pm, he ask me if he can bring the book up stairs in his room and I think by today he manage to finish a quarter of the book already, Subhana Allah. Anytime!
I did find out that AS was a different kids than others. Although he can be a difficult one than others, as he has been a youngest in the family for more than 7 years now, but he is learning at anytime and anywhere. The other kids, the result of schooling had a big different way of life so to say. And the other things that separate him also because he did went to nursery since he is one years old until three and half years old which also make a big different because the other only started going to nursery or when they about three to three and half years old.
There are several reason that make him a different person, but to do more experiment, I might not have anymore after him to tell a different from others observation..:)
On the other story, kids had been getting involve in their learning happily ever after in between my busy hours. It was like working full time with my business at the moment but at the same time, did not leave my kids behind. Be with them all the time, drag them everywhere I need to and lots and lots of life learning, reality for sure. And that for sure is a learning it self. he learning that cannot be seen but happen. Weird but true.
Still sometimes I cannot get 'this' out of my head. That learning had to be sitting down, worksheet, workbook, making something or doing something that can be seen physically as a result. Although I used to be homeschool, my homeschool focusing on exam which make me not much different from being in school. So, still this awkward way of thinking playing. But, the result that I see, is actually better in actually had the learning physically in evident, weird. This is why unschooling got a place! But, to be unschooling full time, probably wasn't my 100% choice. Oh...!! Silly me actually. I am thinking of unschooling better which make me think out of the box and make kids think out of the box but I still trap in the box my self.
That's what the way of education been presented to us , make us. Learning only in proper way, learning only by having or taking exam and learning only happen if we can see the work been done by topic. I need to get his out of my mind, as soon as I can!

No comments:
Post a Comment