After straight eight days with guests, I am totally flat out. We plan to start our routine on the 4th of January, but I think at that time, I am still flat out and still trying hard to crawl back to get the house back into normal. When we had guest, of course I can't keep the house back to normal. Especially almost every room been occupied and every single duvet and pillow in the house been used. Alhamdulillah I got plenty and did buy extra pillow and duvet which I can say we can actually provide for at least up to 10 guests in the house or may be more if needed. I can cook quiet easily for at least 50 people as I got big rice cooker which can cook for 50 people in one go also lots og other big pot. But, time constraint and I just had two hand and two leg. Therefore one had to be cleaver in thinking abou breakfast and prepare for lunch as I am also had to drive out after breakfast and when we come back home, everybody will be hungry and I need to think a simple and quick way to make big meal for big group of people. Alhamdulillah my guest do help me around in the kitchen, but of course I sleep tight and sound int he night after a long tired day.
As we were studying in second reception room before, all the books, table and things that we used for homeschool had to be keep in the library which is still wuiet cold in this wintery weather. And once it's all been dump there, to start back means I need to clear every single things first, all duvet, pillow, in the kitchen left over food and big pot and etc before I can get back to normal routine. But, of course still on top of that I got to cook and clean and lots of clothes pile up during eight days of guests as I haven't been able to do laundry with this weather as the problem to hang out even though I got small boiler room to do that, still I can't do lots. So, as the last guests depart from our house, hubby came back and after 43 days been away, of course we got lots to catch up. My life is just full up till the maximum and of course I do need sometimes to pull back my self, got house in order before I can sit down and see where we are in our homeschool routine.
Unfortunately I had bad tummy bug since couple of days ago even though I was really eager befoe that to get the kids back on their homeschool routine. It was not easy, house still not in full order and proper as I want, but I keep telling my self, I am not as young as before, and the kids are not as small as before. It was of course nice to see other quote of how to organise and make sure things in order. But, most of the quote come from small family with small kids. And I smile thinking of how I am when the kids are small. Everything nice and in order although I had guest after guest and even when I am in full time work. But, when kids are etting bigger, everything getting big. Their clothes getting big very quickly, their meal getting big very quickly. PS and MS east same potion as me and looks like now S started to eat big meal as well. AS always eat a lots. So, feel like I am now feeding 6 adult meal in the house! And of course when I put their clothes in the washing machine I can't do one round only, may be two round a day if I want to keep everything on top. PS is as tall as me and MS is catching up. Their shoes are bigger size than mine now. And of course attention is needed more than ever.
When kids was small and looking at some other people house which is sometimes mum looks like struggle, I wonder why can't the mum organise and how can it's hard because the kids getting bigger, it suppose to be easy. Well, the story can only be tell when we are in the situation ourselves. Theory and observation can only left as words when it come to practically facing the situation. To cope with 6 people who eat adult meal, cleaning, driving out, shopping, entertaining guest ad make sure the food is always there wasn't an easy task. But, that's life. I can't say to others don't come to my house only because I was homeschool, I will be tired out and it's taking time to get back after all the task, because this is what I am and what I am is from what my parents are. My parents especially my grandmother and grandfather from my mother side love entertaining others. And I learn a great lesson that I have always make a way for others. Although it's seem ike we had to put our family and ourself aside for the sake of others, but, this is a great value that I learn as a muslim. And when we help others and entertain others, Allah will definitly help us and entertain us. What is better than that.
Kids all love guests. They love to entertain, meet people, they love socialisation and always, always on top of their socialisation, they will teach a great values to others at the same time. Alhamdulillah. At the end of the day, to talk about heloing others, doing ikramul muslimin towards others which means fulfill the needs of others rather than asking others to fulfill our need is not only in hadith and sunnah. Learn on the piece of paper is totally different if we parents don't actually practice it ourselves. Honestly I don't sit and teach hadith formally for kids, although we sit and read hadith from fazail amal and adaul mufrat, but I don't actually sit and teach kids about significant of this hadithor translation fully and formally. I just feel a bit guilty and disgrace if we only learn hadith and not manage to practise it. There are lots of hadith to be learn and memorise but for me to only learn and memorise wasn't too much of my choice but to actually live upon it is what I am. Of course it was difficult to understand. But may be learning the six point in jamaat since I was small and daily adab and sunnah teaching me how to life upon it. When we go out in jamaat, we learn it by talk about it. Not writing it down although if anybody want to write it down, we can read from the book of sunnah but usually we been teach to talk about it from what we hear from others and during the time spend we we try to eat, drink, go to toilet and do all amal according to sunnah and six point. In this six point is so much basic things we need to look after and it's such a compilation of what we need to do in our day to day routine. Also we learn about 6 advice for woman which is :
- Pray at the earliest time and get manfolk in the house to pray where jamaat prayer is
- Istiqamah with reading quran and zikr
- Istiqamah with teaching and learning / taalim wal taklum
- Teaching our children in islamic way and manner
- Live our life as simple as we can
- Send our manfolk to spend time in jamaat to train themselves.
And I foudn that 6 points and 6 advice is a basic things that organise my self and remind my self on waht I am here for. It's turn me back into Allah s.w.t. all the time and try to life accroding to the sunnah and simple way by not just learning it in theory but by living in it day to day.
Therefore I think this is just the way I learn and this is the way I teach kids as well. Even though we can afford dining table and sofa, we not going to spend money on it. I do not want to be hypocrite by learning about sunnah and when it come to practice, I ignore it. Which for me a bad sign for kids. Not that dining table is haraam, but lots of dicussion about how the Prophet will not used it. We also not fancy on sofa as we have guest lots of the time and our sofa is the one that cushion sofa where we can moved around and also used as bed for guest. Our lounge is not just lounge but also used as big prayer room for jamaah prayer. Only I can't get rid of the bed as I think it was quiet messy to have only matress on the floor although now I think I feel like put my bed away! It was in a way easy to live a simlple live. Not have too much to be asking for in the day of judgement. Although looking at our house, still we had plenty things around but I reackon most of my things in the kitchen are used all the time to entertain and cook for others, so it can be answer on it's own account on that which I am not worries. I usually make sure I used most of the item I bought for entertain others so it will not be count as wasted or luxury. All can be witness upon it.
My kids do have plenty toys but usually it's all second hand and when broken we just put it int he bin after plenty of used. I am now trying to teac kids to not buy unnecessary things. But, this need to be teach gradually. I do not want them not having things because of me. They need to realise themselves os all this things. Teaching them hadith about not waste only also for me will not work on it's own merit. Parents I believe need to life upon the hadith they teach to give a good example. Propeht s.a.w. is an example but if parents who are in front of kids eyes teach about hadith, adab and sunnah but not live upon sunnah and the hadith themselves, will be seen as lies for kids. Kids will grow up with their mind thinking about they need to learn but not important to live upon what they learn. It's ok for me in acedemic learning, but not upon deen. Deen is not about to talk about and learn about and making graphic, essay and writing up. It's about living in it. And in every single action we do we will be ask upon. Also every single knowledge we have learn. Subhana Allah.
Since Monday kids do start doing some of their worksheet. I had printed out Maths which is important for us as we used mindprinting. I had subscribe Conquer maths for Ps after long time waiting to do that. She using it online and at the same time will do mindprinting worksheet as well. I had found out that although she seems behind in her grade with mindsprinting, but she actually on what she is with UK curriculum. With Conquer maths I think she should be able to finish key stage 4 by the end of this year and will be ready for GCSE Maths next year.
By looking at the curiculum in Conquer Maths, also I found that MS is on what he is which is year 7 althought in mindsprinting he seems behind. He already moved a lots in UK curriculum without me realising it. So, mindsprinting is actually really work well. I'm still thinking if I should get MS as well on Conquer Maths. But overall, he is on the track for his GCSE maths lesson , so nothing to worry about, he even advance in some topic.
PS suppose to do alternate day with mindsprinting and Conquer Maths but as she always fast in her work, we figure out that she should be able to do both everyday. So, problem solve on that. I got her to revise lots of lesson from year 7 in Conquer Maths as Maths needed lots of revision from time to time.
I had bought some books for history from Galore Park which I had been introduce by ummrashid before for this website. The books is really good. PS, MS and S start their history on it. I will Insya Allah got their geography as well and English for MS and S. I am still thinking about PS English. I was thinking about English IGCSE with Oxford homeschooling.
Quran reading is fine. We will start some memorization on juz 30. We haven't do much memorization. I am not really keen to do a lots on my own with kids on memorization. Except if I am a hafizah my self or my husband a hifh. We will soon get on rayer supplication revision. S keep remind me that she need to revise on all her prayer supplication to me although she already know it except second part of At tahiyah. She keep remind me also that I need to wake her up for fajr prayer as she's going to be ten soon, so she need to keep up with all her prayer now. Subhana Allah..I was thinking what a mother I am as my kid need to remind me to wake her up to keep up with her prayer. Alhamdulillah, without any force, she understand her responsibility from the fazail salah we read in out taalim session. The benefit of amal is pretty much benefitted. Although some people are in doubt about the book it self even though the ulamak had come up with lots of explaination about it.
We are not on our proper routine yet, but kids had started their homeschool while I was not in very well situation. Looks like they do better without too much intteruption from me. They started to work better independently and I am now about to use a muslim taskinator. We are going to used it one each for every of us, to learn and teach our self of how to organise and plan the day. We will try to make it as simple and easy as we can and try to fit with uncertainty in our life. So, to learn and organise the next day only, not the whole week or month, probably work better for us. This is actually about teaching kids on how to plan ahead their time and day as it's looks like they can work more independently especially the biggest three. Alhamdulillah.
Will post lesson kids leanr sometimes later.

No comments:
Post a Comment