ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Thursday, 14 January 2010


Above: PS work. This is just recently this week. This had been done as part of workbook she learning from. She love doing all this type of learning and usually do this on her own account and learning, not from my plan and teaching. She work pretty much independently on her own now. She made her own schedule and lesson plan and know what next and she also know when she need more resource and etc. This way she can see where she's going on her study and learn to make target. I was pretty much motivated when I was homeschool, I got my own target and know where I am going. I got no help at all from my parents accept provided me with resource and it's all up to me. I got no tutor, no teacher and no other who actually think someone can take exam especially in Malaysia at that time by only learning on her own, but Alhadmulillah, I made it all the way with 9 subject I needed to take and acheive the result where allowed me to futher my study to Uni but I ended up married! Allah know best. At the end of the day, this is why for me, at PS age, I don't actually sit an teach her the subject. But, I support her and give her resource and open her mind and give her the choice. At the end of the day, it's her choice. She can think and she got her target, dream and aim. I cannot make it happen in whatever circumstances. She need to stand on her own choice now and this is what we talk about and what I teach her from time to time. Sh reach the time, where she no need my push. She can think and she need to start to motivate her self more than before. And when the time past, we cannot turn back and regret is not a choice for me. It's not worth regret something is we actually been given the choice. She need to stand on her self more like I did except she got plenty support from us , parents. She is very good in finding resource and organising and planning. Her weakness is at the moment, she still need to push a lots and this is when I gone crazy sometimes. But, i deal with it by sit and talk to her face to face. Open her eyes of what I had spend and gave her, all the choice she got and it's up to her to moved it more. At teenage time, I know that sometimes they forgot about others surrounding them and think only their own emotion and feeling. They usually forgot what other had done for them. So, to sit and have a chat from time to time to wake her up is what I did. And of course it's always a change after and tears. But, it's all good. Nothing easy when bringing up teenage. Girl ad boy need to be approach in different way. Sometimes they need to be tell of, whinge, but they also need a space. They still confuse and think they are big and grown up but at the same time they act like small kids.
It is enjoyable in a way to see all this and try to cope. Especially I got one girl and one boy on pre teenage age. They both need totally different approach, Subhana Allah. It was like playing a games sometimes. And as a parents we just have to be quick and observant and to be there at the right time they needed us. Especially at this time of fitnah, we can't keep them and hide from everything we scared off, because life now is too open. We can't open them up too much as well because they not strong enough yet to make their own decision. They not same like us even though we used to be teen once. Even though they had our behaviour. Everything is just different. We had to catch with all the technology and we can't keep things out from their face as one day they will certainly go out and about. They will get married and live their own life. To get the right balance is so important, and I am trying and trying and tyring..

Above: AS work.


Above: One of unplanned and self learning from AS. If I am to ask him to do this, he won't. So, things like this I quickly capture as this is not in my lesson plan. Paper and writing story and document like this been made on his own time most of the time. He write better when I don't ask him to. Lots os Ialamic vocab comes from islamic studies we been doing, alhamdulillah and the understanding is from what we been talking about time to time.


Above: AS maths, he's now advance on three and four digit and mix regroup and not regroup.


Above: S maths. She will stay on this probably for at least two months.


Above and bottom: As favourate reading book borrow from library. He manage to finish the whole set of this from our local library and enjoy it very much.





Above and bottom: One of tings AS make in his break time during our homeschool routine. When he making this, I didn't actually realise what he is making as I was busy on other things and other kids were busy on their work. He like to make something like this but not all the time. so, usually I didn't sit and make things like this with him. It's usually come out when he feel like it and from his own ideas. Unfortunately when I try to sit and ask him to make something like this, he might run miles away!


Above: AS making aquarium him self while I a busy on other things and other kids busy on their works. This is not on my shedule or planner. But, this is what AS sometimes depends on his mood during his break time in our homeschooling. Sometimes I shoo him to go to another room as he keep talking and distrub others. But, he don't want it , so this is how he always ended up. Making something on his own and using whatever he can find himself.


Above and Bottom: S wanted to make cookies her self. This is happening about two months ago actually.

2 comments:

ummrashid said...

Salaam,
My daughter is also reading Astrosaurs books now - recommended to her by her brothers!

Sofinee Harun said...

Salam ummrashid,

masya Allah..I think kids that age love it..nice to see how ia progress on reading..I don't think thee be able to read that book yet if the are in school.