I'm disappear again for couple of days. I suppose to updated our homeschool blog regularly to make sure I recorded what we had been doing. But, I disappear now and again as time pretty much constrain on me at some point. Ah..may be most of the point!
Our homeschool has been somehow in to routine although we didn't had a chance to do lots of fun things at the moment. As days getting shorter and colder. I fell like we don't have much time although we had 24 hours same time as in summer. May be because I've been taking things easy on my self lately. I did spent more time on t.v my self watching news and documentary which the real reason is being laying down on the cushion in family room where we also keep a duvet for our comfort there. also I went to bed early than I used to in summer. May be this is my first time being at home in autumn and early winter. Last year at this time, I was working 8am till 5.oo pm. I depart from home around 7.20am and usually arrive home around 5.45pm. cannot imagine my self in cold weather and drive on busy A1 after tired at work! So, after nearly 7 years at work during this time of the year, it's really a pleasure for me to be able to sit at home and hibernate my self.
We been doing our mindsprinting worksheet as usual every day.
PS had 4 worksheet of Maths everyday. She completed her first topic which is FACTOR. She been given a certificate for completing it. Now she start the topic on Decimal. Her last topic had twelve lesson and one unit test. Every topic have a briefly worksheet. They working from basic of the topic in to mastering the topic it self for their level. Alhamdulillah, sometimes it's has been hard and once they get used to the idea, than they just get own with it easily. She also had comprehension worksheet. On top of that, she been doing her CGP workbook which cover lots of revision on variety of topic that she had learn before and now. She also finish her history lap book on medieval topic. Will post some picture soon. Apart from quran reading as the start of our homeschool, she also did her Arabic Book from Ad Duha. She love the book so do other children. She now learn and know how to find an ayat in the quran and can recognise arabic number easily only after several lesson. She also can just get on with thebook on her own and learn new things everyday with out my help, alhamdulillah.
MS still on Multiplication worksheet with mindsprinting. He also had the comprehension worksheet which help them to understand the tricky bit of story and choose the correct answer. He also did his workbook for English and today he did Grammar. Same as PS, MS also did his quran reading first thing in the morning and than start with Arabic Book. He start to learn to write the ayat from the quran and recognise Fatha, Kasra, Damma and sukon. As we learn our quran with iqra system, we don't learn all this. But, alhamdulillah they did learn in their Saturday school and now MS learning it from his book as well. Apart from couple of vocabulary he need to memorise, he also learn to write in arabic and match the word with the meaning. He love the book same as others.
S is the one that on the level which give her 3 type of worksheet which is Maths, Comprehension and Reading Excellent. Reading Excellent teach spelling, vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar. She been doing good and start to learn up to recognising hundred thousands. As it's using US curriculum, the way of learning Maths is quiet tough from UK curriculum which I like it pretty much. For me, Maths really need to be tough for children to get hold on basic things before they can move. She do need help for me to explain the learning guide or example on the sheet when it's come to the new topic and get on with her self after that. She did quran reading in the morning and also her Arabic book. She learn about the letter in arabic and how and where the letter should be such as in the middle, alone, beginning or end. Also she learn how to write the letter which she do write nicely in arabic for her age. I may take a picture of their arabic book sometimes.
AS had read quran first thing in the morning as usual everyday. Than he also start doing his Arabic book. He start with learning three colour which is red=ahmar, yellow=asfar and blue=azraq. Today he learn sifr and wahid which he already learn with me before. Lots of colouring for him in the book and he love it to bits as well. Yesterday, he's not much in homeschool as he seems wanted to get off quickly and I let him off. Today he been playing the games from islamic playground. He go on the games which as all sort of islamic knowledge question not really for his age. Alhamdulillah he reach up to level 12 with a bit help from me in his reading. It was amazing and happy me seeing him read the question and answer on his own and learn so many vocabulary himself. From what I've been observe his reading level may already reach end of year 1 and may be already reach year 2 vocabulary. Some of them may be over that. he read what ever he can from signboard everywhere he can see. Also he can now read faster as he already can read a year ago. Which I'm only teach him to read just couple of months ago. He just bashing up to the sky so quick than I can reach him. It also make him happy as it easy for him to understand more world around him. For a person whose not have a teaching background my self neither do I have a degree in education or any subject, I do feel proud with my self. Even in his class in Saturday school, he's the favourite in learning by friends and teachers. And he's the only one who is homeschool in his class. Maths, according to UK curriculum, i had to used worksheet for year two for him as year one worksheet had been so easy for him and he will go.." this is boring..". On mindsprinting worksheet, he's on learning how to write number in tens and hundreds. He learn them quick and on English he just flow up in to the sky and leave me behind. No help at all he need from reading the instruction until doing the basic comprehension himself.
Seeing him, actually make me feel, "Only if I've been homeschool all of them since that age!". But, never too late, in it! Just a hard work on others as school had leave their capability behind. Although they are on their level before and now, but they should be able to go more than their set up level with the capability they have as AS no different than all my other children. But, school did cut off the capability which my children had although I been told by the school that they achieve and been on top group. Along the way, their capability had slow down because they had to follow the set of level and curriculum for their particular age in their class. Unfortunately, they stuck in the system and as I didn't come and rescue them earlier, PS and MS had an impact from what I can see. PS was above her average level on Maths and English when she was like AS age. Not anymore now as she was stuck with school level before. It's quiet ashamed to think about it.
Although there are things still missing in our homeschool such as we not been able to do lots of project as I had to manage four level, but slowly slowly I try. Also they wanted to join other outside activities such as swimming and karate which I haven't been able to find any yet. Today, I start doing citizenship lesson with PS and MS together. PS find it hard to believe that she need to study the same thing which MS. Sometimes or may be most of the time, she kind of forgot that MS is grow up more now. He's 11 years old now and can also start thinking like a grown up and give opinion him self. It's been quiet enjoying which we sit down and discuss about leadership. We learn a bad leader and a good leader and how to balance our self among others. We did brain storming together and spend the good one hour together on the topic.
Overall I was tired out now. Time off for me now and tomorrow we had another day and we will try to cover lots of our mindsprinting lesson as we had to take it easy on Friday as hubby half day and children Saturday school on Saturday plus I will have guest for one night. May Allah make it easy for all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment