Last week as guest coming in and out on top of each other, I manage to give children some work from minds printing. This site really help me a lots especially in the middle of rushing, cooking, cleaning, entertaining and homeschool. Being in UK, of course not like in Malaysia where ready made food is variety and can be buy in every corner of the state. You just need to point your finger and and make a choice. As Malaysian, we used to have heavy food from breakfast which means living in England, when ever happen to have a guest, means non stop cooking. Especially in this cold weather, tummy will always be rumbling. Breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner need to be serve.
Enough with growing children in my house, having visitor means cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning and it's never stop. Other things need to be done in between such as hovering, clothes ( hard in winter as cannot be dry outside), tidying especially when I have guest other guest coming in and out overlap on each other. When ever new guest arrive, bed cover, pillow cases and duvet cover need to be change as well. Guest room need to be clean as nobody ever sleep in it before. That's me anyway. I want all my guest to feel comfy staying in my house.
As all that, homeschool can be done in what ever spare time I have or cannot be done at all. Simple as that. Alhamdulillah, as mind printing concern, it make my job easy in the middle of rush and chaos. I manage to get children do some work. But of course I couldn't give much time for them. As for that, I can only get them to do Maths and English ( only comprehension for PS and MS). Also quran reading. That's all. As I try to get back on track and do my planning and scheduling, everything just stop as I haven't got time.
On the other side I do feel pressure as I feel they not learn enough as I don't have time. I don't have time to sit and set up their curriculum let alone lesson plan. Without lesson plan, it's boring, mess the time and the lesson and the children themselves. Unschooling? My children did lots of unschooling now. It's too much as I'm busy and busy.
To get a ready made curriculum, not now. Not at this time as I can't really effort that. I wish I can. Especially for PS. So, it's all up to me. Their mum to actually get the lesson plan and plan and schedule so they all can get on with their learning. It's taking toll sometimes, it's stress, pressure for me but I couldn't put it away. I know that as I'm homeschool I'm also in different world from other people homeschool. I know everybody go through up and down, but it's not the down side. I'm not feeling pressure of children behaviour or children don't want to learn and etc. I have a lovely children who listen and eager to learn all the time. I have children who learn very quick where sometimes hard for me to catch their progress.
I just stress and pressure as I don't have enough time to give in. I try to make it happen. I up from morning till night and spend my time when ever I can. I try hard and will always try and will make it happen.
Although I did have a question as if children learn enough? Because I haven't been giving as much time as they needed. Did I ruin them? All the work I been giving them, they did with excellent. They progress in their learning very quick. All four of them. Only me who couldn't cope as it's too much for me to catch up. Whenever they behind in their lesson and not learn something they should be learning, it's me who need to be blame as I don't have time.
I do have a strong gut. I know I will make this happen doesn't matter what coming on my way. I will still homeschool my children although my time it's stretch out. I will continue and will keep trying. I do have confident that we can do it. Pull our self together, and still open our door to anybody to come. It's a hard work, but as we entertain people and make others comfy and happy, I believe Allah is always there to help us when ever we need. He the one who can make our journey easy and teach my children in unique way.

2 comments:
Have you looked at Galore Park textbooks?
www.galorepark.co.uk
I find their books very thorough and comprehensive. At the moment I use the science book with my boys. They can study from it themselves and do the exercises. Sometimes I find a few extra resources from the internet to top up, but this is quick, because the textbook offers a complete structure.I don't need to worry about what topicsto cover. The books are for KS2 and KS3. Their price is quite good, especially when you find that one book lasts a long time. You can get them cheaper on Amazon.
They could be good, especially for PS to self study lots of science and geography.
You can look at sample chapters on the website.
Jaza Kallah ummrashid..
Post a Comment