Alhamdulillah it has been 3 weeks now since we start our homeschool in proper routine. Now I decides our routine homeschool is from Monday to Thursday unless we had guest or going out. We haven't properly homeschool for ages. To be able to actually get back on our routine is actually excellent. My business is also had slow down as for winter with nearly there weeks full of snow, Subhana Allah. And I took this opportunity strongly to keep up with the routine of tidying, cooking , cleaning and of course homeschooling.
Everybody was on their workbook. PS of course on her first college. She was on her last day today and she got holiday until January. Therefore she going to concentrate on Islamic Studies and also doing some Maths exercise. Also she can get more practical cooking lesson in the kitchen hopefully.
MS had finish his 11-14 years old Maths workbook on Percentage topic just in tthis 3 weeks. Today he started 11-14 years old Maths workbook on Fraction and Decimal. Hopefully he will finish that in less than 3 weeks, and I expect middle of January (as we might have guest during Christmas holiday) he can start on Algebra topic. Than he can go back on Conquer Maths and looking forward to hardern the topic deeply for end of Key stage 3. He seems progressing quiqt quickly which although some hurdle in between to get him undertsnad some of workout. He was pretty much low in Maths when he leave school before and his progres in Maths now is excellent for his capability. He knows that he just had to work a bit harder and once he get on with the working out, he will be absolutely fine, alhamdulillah. I had him of Maths, English, Islamic studies, and quran. Also he working hard on his English. He didn't like reading much. So, I had to encourage him bit by bit. He was struggling on his reading when he leave school 4 years a go when he finish year 4 which is quiet sad. He improved a lots when we homeschool and impress himself in that. He is now working hard on his spelling and grammar. If we didn't put him in Madrasah, he probabli will join PS on First college while doing hifz from online as well. But, we didn't make any decision yet, as we also in the middle of thinking of planning other things.
S is progressing herself in Maths. She is now on multipication and division workbook. Until she finish the whole workbook of it , than we will moved to another subject. Although in between it sometimes I get her to do her fraction workbook. I like this individual topic workbook which enable kids to learn the topic proper and indepth before they moved to another topic for Maths. It's very important in Maths for kids to specialist in each topic fully before they moved futher which I think school system in UK had fail on that.
S also on her English workbook. In English I get them to do lots of workbook to imrpoved their verbs, grammar, spelling and writing. I was thinking to get S and MS on project sometimes in English. S also on her science workbook.
All of them concentrate on Islamic studies with workbook and tarbiyah during taaklim session after magrib. AS nearly finish his islamic book and I'm looking for another workbook for him. Iqra workbook is excellent. I am now probably moved into SA workbook I print out long time ago. He did some of them and he will now I think moved on practical fikh in Salat. For other kids also the same. I put stress in their fikh lesson actually. Problem of pure water, taharah, wuduk, and also like PS start futher deeper in masail such as janazah, nikah, and all other issue. Like quran reading , I like this to be slow but firm. Kids are slow in quran reading, but this is because to ensure the pronounciation is correct before they moved futher. It is very important to me unfortunately. Not just by pass it to finish.
So, alhamdulillah it was a good progress. AS had futher moved his Maths into multipication and Division. Also writing stories in English. He learn and done his work quickly and correctly. Subhana Allah, very impressing. Also his Islamic Studies and his quran. He didn't do other subject yet until I can get some more workbooks, textbook and other pratical things from the library as it's still stuck with plenty of my business things to be sorted out.
Now, we sit after magrib quiet long as it was still early, in our taaklim session with reading Fazail Amal, we also read Adab Al Mufrat and also this is the time when I do tarbiyah. As kids are getting big which both my first and second is now teenager, it is very important to sit and do tarbiyah. Tarbiyah for me is not open the book and teach from the book or read from the book, but sitting down and talk about issue. Socialisation issue, infulence issue, feeling and behaviour issue with all four of them , so the other two especially daughter which is with more feeling and emotion won't feel like it's all on her. So, I talk about real live, keep reminding about why we are here in this world. About nobody ever live forever. Everybody will die soon. And to think of gaining worldly things will bring misery later in our life.
At the age of teenager especially girl, they had so many dreams that suddenly come into their mind. What to become, what they want when they big. How their house going to look like and etc. So, it's very important to keep talking and reminding them in some way that we not pushing them away. I am not seem as too strict at some point. My daughter had access to internet, they all watch t.v and etc at some point, I do not puch some of these things which some people might seen as influence and disturb for kids education. Because out side world now , influence is so strong that people can just get what they want especially bad things easily. So, if important for me to let kids explore, experience it as long as it didn't do somethings againts shariah. I might had my daughter do something I didn't like when she start to be concious of her skin, how she wear and etc, but as long as she had her aurat cover properly, she know her limit and boundaries, I don't mind she had couple of different type of bangle although it can put misery into my eyes. I talk about it in a way which make her realise it didn't contradict shariah but doing unnecessary things is a waste and an act of syaitaan.
Issue with teenager had to be handle with care unfortunately. We want to invite them to good things, or otherwise they will get invited. We do not want to puch them away, but we do not want them to be nice and quiet in front of us and rebel later. This is a dangerous situation. And to create balance, and to make it right just for the particular people wasn't easy. You just have to try, not giving it up and play as safe as we can. There are times when I am just quiet when I see something I don't like with my teenager but there are also time where I say something loud, clear, and firm , than walk away to make them think. Live is not hard actually if we know and understand the purpose of it. But, of course everybody including me needed to remind again and again.
If anybody reading that had teengage kids, please share your experience in comments.

No comments:
Post a Comment