Hiding! Probably the best word ever for this blog at the moment. So many things happen to us, my business, visitors and going back to Malaysia for emergency is among so many reason this blog had been put on hold. And probably I can say, so do kids. Subhana Allah.
PS probably the only one who had to stay on track as she's on online school. So, either we are in UK or while we are in Malaysia, without carrying any workbook or text book, she's on her school as long as we got lap top and internet connection, Alhamdulillah. She will finish her first term for this year next week and she got her first presentation for the end of first term for this year. Alhamdulillah. Amazing how live school can actually do, what an amazing tools.
Others, had been on track on and off. Only after we been back from Malaysia, after about after 2 week, others had been back on homeschooling from morning till evening, alhamdulilah. There are days when we skip, when kids rush out to play snow ball. They can go out since 8 am for couple of hours, alhamdulillah in the back garden. At the moment, for the other 3 kids, we are on exercising Maths and English, Quran also as usual. Other subject is on kids own learning. Back yard science had help me a lots as kids on experiment from time to time. So, I give them a exercise book for science which got line paper on one side and plain paper on one side which I bought in Malaysia. So, every time they do experiment, they will write down and also draw their experiment. English history of course from Horrible history which is a good teacher than from workbook. Geography of course from National Geography channel and Bear Grill born survivor.
We haven't used Conquer Maths for a while, because I get kids to concentrate on the same topic before they moved from the topic in Conquer Maths. This been done from workbook with the same topic in the same whole book. In Maths, I like the workbook with individual topic such as percentage, fraction, decimal, algebra and etc, so kid can master the topic after the whole book on the same topic before they moved on to other book. AS, I found out best doing work on his own, but asking the question if he stuck. Because , if I sit next to him to go along with him with his work, looks like he got difficulty on this and that. But, if I am busy in the kitchen, he can just get on and even if he ask me the question, he can understand easily and get on with it quick. I think my kids just so independent learner and they best like that. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:
Post a Comment