ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Friday, 7 May 2010

Homeschool hide and seek

Homeschool hide and seek. That is what our homeschool like, at the moment I think. We not really in proper homeschool for ages. We get on our workbook on and off, but not as much as I would love to. I am not proper organising at the moment with so much going on. But, alhamdulillah one thing that I found out inside my self, is I don't ever feel horrible about homeschooling or if the kids actully learn anything and actualy achieve and gain anything these days.

I guess, I had my own reason for homeschool. To take the responsibility on what I should and will be ask for. Neither kids can read, write, learn, is not that important to me, BUT weather they pray or not, when they non behave, when they encounter with any question they face from watching tv, browsing internet, from friends around the house, I am there to talk to them, to answer them, to whinge to them and to be there for them. And for me, at the end of the day, that is what matter.

They are not perfect, far than that. My kids watch tv, play wii, play game on internet, go to youth centre and mix with other non muslim. They do behave badly, they mess their room. They forget to help around sometimes. I had to shout at them, scream at them, telling them off, BUT, I know that they know I am there for them. Certainly, it was never been easy when they grown up. Teenage hormone of course wasn't easy to confront. I was smiling when I read about new research suggest that terrible twos is no longer the hard time for parents, but now it's terrible 14!

So, it was constant nagging..too much until I lost word. But, PS sometimes forgot that I am her mum, and think I am her friend! So, we do get along as a best friend at some point, arguing, debating and laughing to each other. And I do had to remind her at some point that I am her mum!. But, at the end of the day I know that teenage period at this time and centuries wasn't easy. it was trickly and full fo challenge. Trust me, if you really think your kids is important, you can easily get burn out at some point. I got that time to time and I had reach the time where the burn out had really burn out and I forgot how giving up feel like. I think I just enjoy the challenge.

So, if you think that having small kids with not much different age from each other is a challange to feed them, entertain them, teach them and you feel like you got too much on you...Brace for impact soon. Under 7 especially was as easy as A B C. And having teenage girl top up the pressure. But, of course there are so much benefit of having big kids. You got help around.

PS take over totally on the garden. Lawn mowing, seeding , feeding and weeding the grass. Sort out last year plant and get them back in order. Sorting out her bedroom and help around the house on other things of course such as laundry, washing up, tidy around and on top of that help me with my business stock which she wil test the toys, clean and sort them in order ready for me to do the next step. But, of course it had to come with shouting her around and giving command after another. Wich do make me feel on top of my breath sometimes, but I am also had to think about how much she had done around and when ever I ask her to do things, although it come with question and reason, she will do the task.

And of course it's so much different with boy. MS don't question, argue or reason much or sometimes not at all. He will just get on with whatever task been ask to. But, of course as a boy, he will take time to digest things sometimes. Compare to PS which at some point, especially when I desperate for help, she just know what to do and pick whatever needed. It was quiet a challange to confront with teo different teenage gender. And to see a big different and to treat them with different way and approach as well. Which make me so tired at the end of the day!

Well, our homeschool table and chairs I order three weeks ago had arrived from South Wales. far a way. I am about to give a visit to ikea for storage as well. Actually wit my business that is growing, I am in need to organise my homeschool and therefore need to find storage and homeschool solution. The school table is good as they can stack on each other and save space. Just what I need. We also got them in four different colour and also four different colour for the chair. Untill I go and get the storage, it will still be a mess and unorganise. Hopefully after that I can sort out the paperwork and make our homeschool easy workable and simple. As I know where to go, it was much more easy. But I still had plenty paperwork and article and worksheey I had print out and curriculum since nearly 3 years ago since I start our homeschool. All these will need to sort out soon. Especially my mum and dad will come for a visit on July and after they go back to Malaysia , it will be ramadhan. And than winter will approach later after eid and we probably going for a long holiday.

Too many thing to do but I do take things easy these days even with homeschool. I don't know how far kids had achieve but will track their progress in proper soon..Hopefully I wasn't up in the shock!

No comments: