I should had put picture in here but never got chance to actually snap it.
PS had finish her 10 weeks card making course and now on the advance course for it. She had im[rove quiet a lots and had become nearly a profesional on card making by looking at it. Of course the material can be very expensive, but she had been told by her tutor where to go for cheap material for card making. Actually it wasn't just for card making, but also other cake decorating and art and craft. It's three store near to each other and had recently be our favourate place although it was about 20 minutes ride from our house. Alhamdulillah the material is very cheap and not just PS, but all her other sibling also start making the card under her supervision. AS really eager to get some stuff for his eid card as well.
Yesterday homeschool as usual. Conquer maths had made my job much more easier. And I am now looking for somethings else as well. PS as usual, as an independent learner, is better learn with online tools without my help. And I had found something interesting for her which I will post up sometimes by early next month when we on trial for it. At the moment, we only concentrate on three core or compulsory subject which is Maths, English and Science for IGCSE. Other optional subject wasn't that bad and she be able to start next year such as Design and technology, ICT, art and design and Child Development. I am not so sure for Art and Design as it seem need a course work but know someone who already tok it as a homeschooler. Also I know someone wo took child development as a homeschooler, so that is not a problem. ICT, she will be fine with it, Insya Allah. Design and Techonoly is the only subject that wil required me and hubby attention. I am looking to see if she can do Diploma as she is now 14+. But, not so sure yet as a homeschooler. Also the subject offer at the moment is not that interesting yet. I will sometimes post a website where parents can get all this information.
MS also had gone pretty well with conquer math. I am very please. Other subject now using workbook only. Plus our on going project. AS who had been play a lots still since we get back on homeschool schedule, now seem to get back on track bit by bit. I guess kids need a bit of a time to settle back down as adult as well and less pressure can easily speed up the process, alhamdulillah. It was good to see how less pressure on kids make things better. Although there are some point that I put pressure on. For example, PS and MS had certain topic of Maths with conquear maths they needed to finish in a day. So, it's up to them if they do one topic and rest or do all together or do half and play outside and come back later to finish it. If they don't for some reason, the next day they will have to recover the loss. So, it was a bit of flexibility and choice but under their own responsibility. Work will pile up if the don't follow the schedule and at some point they had to finish it off and be on track.
But, of course this is not really had been the case for the other small two although S will had certain amount of work to do that needed to be done. Especially as weather getting warmer, outside had bring so much attraction for them with neighbourhood friends.

2 comments:
Salaam,
have you looked at
www.absorblearning.com
It is an interactive course for sciences. I don't know much about it, but it is worth checking it out, inshAllah.
Jazaka Allah Ummrashid, Will look into it..
Post a Comment