ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Back on routine!!

Alhamdulillah, we back on school routine. Kids just getting on in good order. As soon as we all come down stairs, they will grab their worksheet while I'm prepared breakfast. Everybody seems very motivated. Also they all just get on without hassle accept talking to each other in the middle of work and probably distracting each other, but nothing major except couple of shout from me. Anyway, they all do realise who concentrate will finish quick.

Today something that I notice, everybody finish work early and in order. Masya Allah. While at the same time, I'm getting on my housework. It was a big improvement from last week. They all getting on Maths without whinge. It seems now it's become one of the lesson they love. They all getting on with the lesson with pretty quick understanding. MS is always the one I'm worry about and always stress with Maths, now getting on stress free. What a release. S getting on her multiplication with big number pretty quick as well although at first stage of multiplication she find it hard. But, she getting used to it and learn very quickly as she used to with all other lesson. AS yesterday start with adding with regrouping ones which I'm quiet worry if he's going to find it hard. But, alhamdulillah, he understand pretty quick as well and today get on with two pages of it on his own. PS now comfortable with algebra. So, she back on mindsprinting today, yey! Still on algebra.

I'm now will start focusing more on English especially writing and spelling. Other subject is not much to be worry about. Geography and History, I'm using workbook from Letts, which is interesting revision with worksheet after every topic. It's been design depends on age group. I'm not worry much about this.

Islamic studies is revision and learning all the time. Alhamdulillah. Quran reading going well. Although it's long way to go for them. I found out that Iqra taking ages especially with me who only moved them one or two sentences. I'm very fussy with quran reading and make sure pronunciation and tajweed is correct before they can be moved. I can see improvement in their reading pretty much now by stressing the important to pronounce it clearly before I can moved them. For me , quran reading is better harder at first, but once they grab the way it should be reading , it will be easy.

As it's getting cold and we been study in the middle room, it was a bit of a chaos. I need to reorganise paper work and workbook as they don't want to keep going back to the library to pick up books needed! Looks like the library is become a library to store books!

PS will start teaching all other three kids ICT on Wednesday and Friday. She already made a lesson plan for them from ICT workbook. As she love teaching, this will give her chance to learn and practice at the same time. Of course she love that. She will also make her art class again for all her sibling as she used to starting next week. I had to say she will be more organise than me. She will motivate them with sticker and sweets and also make plan in advance of what she going to do.

Overall, I'm a happy bunny with what's going on with our homeschool. Alhamdulillah. A long break had actually worried me, but the loves of learning help everything. It's look like we never been on long holiday before and I wonder how is that can happen. I bet kids might can go forward very quickly with their lesson plan if we don't have long holiday and unschooling, but i reckon it's a need as this is how kids will develop to be in their own world without too much interruption from me. I wonder how kids can get on well and quick to settle down although we haven't really been on our formal homeschool routine since April! I think the answer is, this is what homeschooling do best. But, of course because my kids getting bigger , they do have to have formal homeschooling. But, if they only under 5/6, I think unschooling suit me better as I love to have stress free time with my kids. I don't like put hassle on them at the age they shouldn't and just need to play all around without our interruption. Because our worry sometimes not helping them to grow properly unfortunately and disturb their imagination and development.

I believe that when the right time comes, the approach and learning will be so easy until for me, I don't realise how formal homeschool that we just start has been so easy than I expected! When I know that I'm on track, I know that something right had happen. And to make things right before to get the good outcome is always worry me. Sometimes, when we do things and make decision especially a decision which against majority, it seems hard to note about the outcome. And every time I see the result, I know that at least I had stand on the right things. But, of course that on the way to do things, there are always try and error. Observe and learn from our own and others mistake is for me somewhat important. I don't just do things, sit back and let it just follow the flow. I do adjust hundred of time at first, middle, before and after. I'm always thinking that I might be right, I might be wrong. But, I'm always think about the outcome of A, B, C, D and always take the way that the outcome had the lowest risk. So, what I do now or after is not for today or tomorrow, but maybe for next year, next 5 years or 10 years or more. We been given brain to plan and schedule, which i think we should and leave the rest to Allah. But, with hope and fear, Insya Allah, Allah will help to put what we fear away. As we always put hope on him.

No comments: