I should had made record on this blog now and again but it's seems that I had too many things to record in the internet. Too many website and blog to write, record and look after. Of course with Ramadan, eid, guest, illness, in and out and daily routine of laundry, cooking and cleaning make me left with not time.
We had been on learning on and off. There are more of informal learning, and unschooling and than we jump back on our workbook and reading now and again. Reading is not something that I'm worry about. Kids had plenty of library book for reading almost every week. We read aloud everyday or our taalim session.
I can say that I just don't have theme around or set of what lesson kids need to do. At the moment we on mindsprinting and also plenty of workbook. I don't actually worried as workbook has been design for their level and curriculum they need to learn and also mindsprinting has been design to what they need to learn.
PS is now waiting to confirm with tutor about her maths subject for Key stage 3 which I subscribe from oxford homeschool. I know one family who used oxford homeschool and already finish degree in maths with open university. This family got three daughters who homeschool once they start secondary school. I'm now waiting to get english and science for her and stilll doing a bit research for that. Also looking for art and design and IT. She insist to do Malay language as well , so there plenty for me to get for her.
S and MS is on plenty of workbook now and again. I wanted to get rid of lots of workbook I had before I go back into ed helper and enchanted learning and our own exercise book. At the moment is to revise and had a bit of a final touch for UK curriculum. As we did lots from enchanted learning and ed helper during last term. MS seems relax now with study expecially maths. Unschooling after my regime homeschool during last winter and spring, end of spring and summer and early autumn is a big unschooling for us and I think had done a good job. All pressure had go down, but what we had learn still there! Now we slowly go back into routine, and believe me, my regime of homeschool will be back when winter approach...hemmm...we need that. I like winter as this is the time where we sit tight and on workbook and worksheet unstoppable nearly the whole day. Busy and tight on schedule. But, once flower come out by spring next year, we will start to run around, forget about workbook, worksheet..except PS who need to get on as she will had exam coming not far from her later.
AS is halfway on year 2 scholar books which contain maths, english, science and geography. We only start after eid and not even everyday. So, no worries at all for him except I want him to start doing more writing story and spelling.
I try to record now and again even is small. I know that I had to, just time constrain. I think I love the combination of unschooling and schooling very much. But, of course I couldn't resist my regime homeschool. For me, it's the balance. Kids can have light homeschool, consideration will be taken and can be taken, but there are time when not everything easy and we had to cope. That's what I try to bring into our homeschool. And that's what me and my kids since they where born. They can ask what they want, what they think and their opinion, but, they can't have it all. There are time, they can be consider but also there are time, they can't. Because life is not as easy as we see in theory. But, not as hard as we think it can be. So, I try to strike to balance and mix with what real life is in our learning system and routine. Alhamdulillah, they might forward in some area and backward in some area in term of curriculum and learning activity. But, in everyday challenge, Insya Allah we all for up for everything that Allah spare for us..

No comments:
Post a Comment