We try to get on with our homeschool despite of we don't actually have proper space for it. Our library still stuff in with so many of my business stock and now I'm sorting it out one by one. Kids get on with their workbook. PS getting on with her Al huda assigment for taalimul quran course she did suring ramadhan and it's due early November.
Others just getting on with workbook mainly on Maths, English and Islamic studies. MS getting on workign independently more than before. He also can teach himself more than before and try to understand things before he ask. Although sometimes he still with his way which is leave the topic and jump to other if he stuck which make me telling him off couple of time! He's maturity seems growing and alhamdulillah seeing how PS and MS in pre teenage had become, make me feel so grateful. and do hope that this will continue to grow in positive way.
Something that I'm always scared and in dilemma before. I was tryign so hard to be really careful, pull and push nice and easy, and really playing games whish sometimes, I don't know if it will work or not. Or how the reaction and the decision going to be. But, having a pre teenager which growing to be matured, understanding more into their religion and also about surrounding area, their needs, their idea and their opinion but not contrast with the need of the religion is making me so happy at the moment.
Of course command had to be made sometimes or everytime, but they do understand their responsibility. They had emphty and trying to see the world in different mentality than what I used to see. Which is what I like. I want my kids to be better than me in a way of thinking, in handling their emotion and feeling especially. At the moment it seems work well. Of course, I had to start and change at first place and it was not easy.
Putting what is priority is also something that I want kids to learn. How to treat others, how to be independent, and be careful when dealing with things and had to follow what muamalat and muasyarat.
Hubby was very good in it and I had to learn a lot so to say. I'm not be shameful to change and learn to change in first place because if don't , kids will follow what I did. Not what they been told!!
My kids might only had basic knowledge in islamic studies. I don't put pressure on arabic, tafsit, hadith or even knowing the whole of islamic history. But, be firm with our faith and iman, look after our prayer doesn't matter what situation is what important. Doing dakwah from manner, ikram is somewhat important to me. I do not going into extreme too much, but put firm in what can destroy our yakin and iman.
I can let my kids to watch t.v on their own, to surf internet without me on their side, although I do watch their back, of course. But, I can say that although my kids are homeschool, not much interact with out side world and community, I know that when they go to college or university or in workign environment, they will not had a culture shock. They also will not hide things for me and will always share. Me and PS and MS can always be friends, not just mum and their pree teen kids. I'm so grateful that things did go as I wish at the moment.
I don't mind if behind in their curiculum, learning, exam and etc. But, I know that Insya Allah they should be able to grow up as a sensible teenager. Alhamdulillah....what a great things to see the effort all these year is showing up positively. The relationship between me and my pre teens kids is somewhat shake me up before. Looks like the start is turning into a great result and hope that this will continue..Seems like I feeling a bit sad now as I know soom they will go our on their own and venture into more bigger world. But, I do believe they will be able to make a sensible decision and know where they shouold go if they stuck..In these world now a days, looking at sensible teenager is so difficult. But, alhamdulillah, they working towards sensible and trusted one. They know what wrong and what's not right and which way they should had take if I'm not there.

No comments:
Post a Comment