ConquerMaths - Real Maths Lessons from a Real Maths Teacher!

Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Still on and on and on...

Alhamdulillah, Still on and on and on..what? Our homeschool of course. Yesterday, I get the children to go out in the garden after their quran reading. I feel so sleepy and take this opportunity to have a quick nap. May be 15 mins and than I been waking up by hubby phone call. children been outside for agood one and half hour. Weather is not bad yesterday, alhamdulillah. It has been quiet sometimes that they didn't been playing in the garden as the temperature keep staying low. But, I don't really bother as inside the house is quiet bgi plus I don't have furniture where children can stumble onto them. The big space without furniture giving my children enough space to run around to release their energy, alhamdualillah.

After they coming inside, they pray zohr, eat lunch, than pray asr, than we continue our homeschool.
  • PS and MS doing islamic studies with me. Yesterday we do Fikh. We still on the rules of prayer. Although we spend good one and a quarter hour for this, we still only cover a good few lines. First I review what we did learn last time. Last time we cover the rules of the filth and what make things filth and purified. And what need to be purified to make sure our prayer valid and what make our prayer invalid in term of filthy and purification. It's only a small topic and they do know what and what informally. But, like I said before, this is the time where PS and MS need to learn it formally and got to learn it from words to words from Fikh perspective. Along the way, I will also do explanation before and in the middle and after while I read and they write. It's taking time and patient. But, it's something that important knowledge for them to learn and to know the basic fikh which they will be required all the time until they die. We also discuss the situation while we learn. For example, I ask PS and MS , "If there's a tiny blood on your shirt, can you used them to pray?". These question come out as formal question and they have to answer it in formal answer. If we stumble into the question that we not cover yet formally such as about filthy water an purified water, I will told them that that will be answer next time. This is to avoid confusion. Fikh is not an easy knowledge to learn. Especially children will have so many question which sometimes a mum can't even think about it. But, of course every question will have an answer. But, of course I'm not the person who can answer everything although I read and spend time to learn from someone. Because fikh is a big area where sometimes the answer can only be found from the fatwa and ijma ulamak. Ask Imam is the best place for me to find some of the answer of to ask question. Also hubby of course. But, for sure we only cover things that are likely for us to stumble into. For moe complicated things of course they need to be teach how to find the answer which means from who and how to know and learn more about this. But, if we ask mufti, maulana, alim and alimah, the answer will be, Fikh is BIG. And the children only need to know small area also a person like me, an ordinary. I can find the answer my self nor doing a research on my own on quran and hadith. I need to find a someone and this is when the children need to teach who they are which we will cover it sometimes. And I want to put this topic as important as nowadays, there's so many confusion and lots of people had gain islamic knowledge for the benefit of duniya and have less taqwa and people had be brought into wrong conception of akidah and islam.
  • Solar system: We all learn about solar system yesterday. We watch a picture of a galaxy from here. Before we learn about it, I ask PS to bring all the book we have about solar system in the family room. While I was busy doing islamic studies with PS and MS, AS manage to do a picture of Earth, sun and moon. With astronaut on the space. Than we all write a fact about each planet.
  • S did A book about Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. She read the text book and find and do the research herself for the answer she need for her workbook. She had become clear with the religion and had show very much understanding about imaan and believe in Allah. Also love to read about the story of the Prophet and develop a clear understanding about the story and can repeat and show her understanding by writing and speaking.
  • AS still on his fikh and on cleaning body.
  • AS and S had done their Maths and English.
  • PS and MS had done half their maths as we haven't got much time as I wanted to start solar system before hubby back home and sit in front of his laptop.

Overall it has been a good day yesterday. I'm also manage to spend time last night in study room and tidy the whole room. It has been a mess as when the temperature had go down, the room get quiet cold than other room. As the temperature gone up this days, It's nice to spend time to tidy it up and hopefully we can used it sometimes starting next months or March. At that time, I believe children will be spending more time learning in the computer and doing more art and craft as we can ease a bit of regime learning we did now. Also we looking forward to spend time on experiment and out door activity. For the time being, we stick on our regime learning, especially Maths, English on Grammar and Vocabulary and islamic studies. It has all been rewarded, alhamdulillah.

No comments: