Nevertheless, in the time of unschooling period, I cannot say that none of formal learning not happen. We had quran reading session almost every day. We had our taaklim session everyday, and at some of the time, hubby will give some words of advice during the time. At some of the time I will talk and our taaklim time can strech into 45 minutes to one hour. We also had visited Malaysian jamaat for couple of days when they around North East. Plenty of reminder of course during the time with the prograam in the jamaat. Plenty of informal learning of entertaining and real sacrifice made for people who make huge sacrifice to come in jamaat, to learn how to make sacrifice and give themselves a bit of real life deeni training.
As many things that happen at some point, Alhamdulillah we get back on the work. Formal work. PS as usual, on her on line school. She now concentrate on her own will, research and worries about her exam. Her library book also had turn from fiction or non fiction book into Maths higher tier, GCSE book and also other 'subject' book! She is very motivate although I never in some way push her. Although I do at some point telling her off by not being scared and think that she only want to do foundation instead of higher level. Knowing that foundation can only give her C the maximum, make her change her mind immediately and focusing on Higher level. Many of public school start their student to take some part of exam or most of it from year 10. So, lots of PS friends who is in public school had started this. But, she is still on Senior class and will only start concentrate on exam when she reach scholars class. For me, nothing to rush or worry about. She is a girl, her world at the end will be at home, cooking, cleaning, looking after house, husband and kids. But, of course she need to be educate, but didn't mean I have to push her as other people in school. Life is not about exam, certificate and holding a degree. But, about useful knowledge and know the purpose we here in this world. This is for me what important for girls to understand.
MS is now catching up with his Maths after some unschooling period. He did learn a lot of being from a boy to a man as he help me a lots during my shipping time with packing up , collecting stuff and etc. So, pretty helpful young man Alhamdulilah. Since last week he catching up with his conquer maths and unbelievable how he getting on easy and quick. Subhana Allah. I just cannot believe him. But, Alhamdulillah. He is now finishing Algebra topic and Insya Allah in 2 weeks time he should finish all his year 8 work for Maths although if he skip some of the days in the next 2 weeks. He will than continue his work on year 9, although his year 9 start this September. I am now start concentrating with him his English work. I wasn't serious yet. I got plenty of resource and workbook and revision book and just going to see more into what he been doing all this time with English. Other subject is not much worries. Science we looking to do some experiment as weather getting better. Although up North is still a bit doggy weather. Our Islamic studies is also a bit slow phase. Just revision upon revision on fikh issue and deep into the issue at certain part bit by bit. I probably start some seerah soon with them. Probably need to separate into two group for PS and MS together and S and AS together.
MS is now catching up with his Maths after some unschooling period. He did learn a lot of being from a boy to a man as he help me a lots during my shipping time with packing up , collecting stuff and etc. So, pretty helpful young man Alhamdulilah. Since last week he catching up with his conquer maths and unbelievable how he getting on easy and quick. Subhana Allah. I just cannot believe him. But, Alhamdulillah. He is now finishing Algebra topic and Insya Allah in 2 weeks time he should finish all his year 8 work for Maths although if he skip some of the days in the next 2 weeks. He will than continue his work on year 9, although his year 9 start this September. I am now start concentrating with him his English work. I wasn't serious yet. I got plenty of resource and workbook and revision book and just going to see more into what he been doing all this time with English. Other subject is not much worries. Science we looking to do some experiment as weather getting better. Although up North is still a bit doggy weather. Our Islamic studies is also a bit slow phase. Just revision upon revision on fikh issue and deep into the issue at certain part bit by bit. I probably start some seerah soon with them. Probably need to separate into two group for PS and MS together and S and AS together.
S is fine. Getting on her Mindsprinting worksheet. She getting on with multiplication very well and the curriculum design for her in mindsprinting mean she will not be on multiplication too long as MS last time. She also on workbook for English and other subject. And I am also looking to get some experiment, report and assignment to do with her as well as MS.
AS is also fine. His mindsprinting show that he was on track perfectly. Mean he will move forward quit quickly according to his curriculum and the way he is working now. His understanding become much more clearer. Learning is not difficult things to do at all on his side now. I don't know what unschooling period had done. But, I do find out that a break from time to time had moved my kids forward in formal setting homeschool work. Amazing. He also on mindsprinting for English. I wanted to start doing some little project with him with I rarely done, or not at all at some point in the past.
MS is actually got his own you tube video doing review of 'things' he like which he play with other neighbourhood kids. I probably will post one soon. So, he learn quit a lots from the review and video he made and he also got some remark of positive comment from others. MS had mature pretty much recently. So, I have to communicate more with him like I communicate with young adult. Had to treat him like an adult as well at some occasion, Subhana Allah..how fast they grow up and I do proud with him with all his hard work and humbleness in helping around.
Kids also learn a lots by researching in you tube, google it. Also by many other documentary program as well as they all learn from PS first college session! S got her own blog which she did update sometimes. AS wanted his own blog and I am due to get it up for him. He got his own email which he send email to his granddad, grand ma and uncle. So, this is all sort of unschooling session which not seems much but give so much useful knowledge and learning. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:
Post a Comment