Our homeschool is always up and down in term of formal learning. But, still we trying to catch up whenever we can. Amazingly, on some of the things, unlike Maths of course, kids seems to get better although without formal homeschool and it was like up and down. So, it's help to release my pressure seeing this happen. Of course as a mother who homeschool, and busy running our life, we always think that we never done enough. But, when every time I sit with them to do some work, it seems that they had grab the lesson that they didn't before better than before. I think it's a magic of seat back and relax, but of course not negligence. And I think as a mother we could tell and feel between those two.
Yesterday me and AS was doing comprehension. Before when he was doing comprehension, not sure if he lazy or what, but he didn't grasp the idea of answering the whole sentence. He will only write down the answer without repeating some part of the question to make it full answer. But yesterday, when I told him to get his English workbook, because he want kinder surprise chocolate, he open the comprehension page, which far in the middle than where he suppose to do. Because he the one who want to do this, the page about snake, I told him that he need to answer the comprehension in full sentence. I write down the first one and show him the second question on how he got to repeat some of the word in the question. Alhamdulillah he got the idea and answer everything in full sentence with correct answer. I praise him and told him how good his work that he been doing except he got to try to do his hand writing better than that.
Today, I start printing mindsprinting for him. Yes, I start on mindsprinting back again and pay for it for AS and S. Both of them do the test again. S was behind on some topic in maths, which I know that will happen, because I make her stuck on some topic for long time before and even now. So, there are some topic that she should learn but did not yet. But, it wasn't worry me because I know once she master basic important things in Maths, she will just move quickly as MS. AS was right on his level, which I didn't actually expected, Alhamdulillah.
So, today when AS English come to comprehension part, he answer all the question in full sentence, with correct answer and nice and neat handwriting. Also with short time he finish his English and Maths, which both got 4 pages for Maths and 6 pages for English. All done actually under 40 minutes!
MS not doing any work today as he was tidy up his wardrobe and than we were out. S did her mindprinting. PS was on school holiday for three weeks. All of them also busy with new pet, hamster. We just had two hamster since a week ago. They was asking this for ages. Probably since three years ago. I manage to get fish for them, since two years ago, but I never actually put this story up and picture, may be some day! I was so lazy these day with picture! So, now we got five fish in big aquarium and also two hamster. Actually I meant to buy four hamster, one for each kids. But, we didn't manage to get the hamster cage from car boot sale for boys just yet. PS bought hamster cage, new one actually from a supplier in car boot sale for £10. It cost around £30-£40 in shop. But, this selling fast that day, the first summer car boot where we live. Seems like everybody was waiting for this car boot to open and this man who sell variety of pet items. So boys didn't manage to grab one, the supplier didn't come last Sunday , so we have to wait for this coming Sunday, Insya Allah. I will not spend too much for that, but I want the big cage. So girls got actually 2 floor of cage. Because I said to them if we want to have animal like that, we need a big cage for them. I don't want them to find like they trap somewhere but comfortable to live like in their nature.
On other story, we also went to Science Feast couple of weeks ago and I still haven't manage to put up picture! Many things happen actually. MS been making so many things using cardboard boxes and recycle item. He also been making video review about his toys since nearly two years ago. When he reach 13 years old, he really want a you tube account to upload his video as he always used you tube as a 'teacher' to help him do things and make things. He also like to make video about his bionicle. Only since couple of days ago I manage to sit down and look at his video and approved his video to be put up in you tube. Hubby was also quiet surprise watching how MS talk and do review in the video about what he been making. Although I don't really like him much with bionicle toys, but I guess things will pass by and he actually learn lots of skill in it.
So now we actually plan for him to actually design something that more into learning and put together electrical and electronic knowledge we learn in science. He love science and always talk about how science help him making and design things. He actually wanted to be a vet, because he love animal, but he actually very good in designing things, creative and also getting good and better in using tools, which I think he probably better off involved in engineering course which he also think he best at.
This is how thing is at the moment. There are plenty more things to come and I should write more often and hope I could that so. Many experience and things that we have go through together that wasn't been capture in this blog as I was so so busy. But, I have to say, my busyness with my business also have giving me chance to put more into kids education. My business is full into helping hubby financially and all of them go into kids education, Alhamdulillah.

No comments:
Post a Comment