13th February, me and hubby went to pick up two student from Darul Ulom. One from Dewsbury and another one from Lancaster. As we are the second guardian for them and the first guardian in UK is busy, we had to go and pick them for and bring them to stay with us during their one week holiday. It was quiet a long day, as we travel from North East of England to Dewsbury which took about one and half hours , than travel from Dewsbury to Lancaster which took about nearly two hours and than from Lancaster back to North East of England, which took another two and half hours. So, if you could imagine, after my 40ft shipment and up site down house, I had to do all this travelling the next day. So, I was busy bringing kids around to the beach, museum and shopping as PS is also on school holiday.
20th February, me and hubby again went to send three kids including one who had now teach in Darul Ulum Alkauthar and live not far from us. We depart early in the morning this time and went to Lancaster first. Than we off to Dewsbury to send the boy and than collect hubby friend and went straight to Birmingham for a business meeting. We arrived home around 12.30am!
21th February, we suppose to have routine house inspection every six month, but had to be cancelled due to emergency holiday by the estate agent who suppose to come. Quiet a release actually. I was so tired as non stop since to complete my shipment order, having extra kids at home and travelling.
22th February, we having guests, a family of 4 including two of their relative, make it 6 of them altogether. They came from Birmingham and stayed with us until Friday morning. So, I was spending time entertain them, cooking and cleaning.
That's all my two weeks gone, so I declares kids on holiday from our formal school for nearly three weeks. Kids was busy helping me before my shipment, than we having extra kids, than a guests. It was easy to put all homeschool aside while all this happening.
Next week, I am looking for house inspection and also S glasses appointment. Hopefully, Insya Allah we will be able to get back on our homeschool track before I start sorting out my next shipment.
By the way, it was so good as kids to get friends around. We had been around as well although not as much as we expected. There are some activities waiting to happen in New Castle and we all looking for it. So, March will be mix of out door activities and our routine homeschool before spring and summer really begin and we start to get guests, one after another.

3 comments:
Assalamu alaikum Sister,
After reading your post, I was wondering how you manage to make your salah while travelling especially as there are no praying facilities for women in most mosques.I also would like to know how you solve the problem of shafi Asr timings while out and about in winter.
Jazakillah.
Waalaykumsalam sister,
It was a bit difficult at some point at some place. But, usually my husband will ask the masjeed and they always find a place for us to pray, alhamdulillah. We can also find a masjeed that have woman space, usually masjeed that is conduct by arab such as central mosque. Place like Dewsbury had woman place at Zakariya. When I went to Lancaster , we pra at Darul Ulom. It's girls Darul Ulom but have place for man, and woman can always pray there anyway.
If we travel somewhere without masjeed, we used to pray at service. Just take wudu and find some hiding place, round the corner of car park , something like that. This is what I used to as we love travelling and do travel a lots at some point.
In winter, I usually will wait till asr prayer.shafi asr is around half and hour early, so we usualy wait for the time first and do our asr and went out. But, I do try not to go out and about during winter.
Jazaka Allah Huhairan, hope that's help.
Assalamu alaikum
Thank you so much for replying and sharing your tips, may Allah reward for that. I think its really helpful (saves time and effort) if we can learn from others, what we don't know, provided we respect and value other peoples knowledge.
Wasalaam
Post a Comment